I saw this little meme on Myya Says... and since I didn't post yesterday, I thought I'd grace y'all with my presence twice today to make up for my absence yesterday. So, here are 10 questions for you!
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
They had never heard the name Megan before (or any derivative of it) and just happened to find it in a name book about a week before I was born.
2. Do your initials (first, middle, last) spell out anything fun/funny?
Nope. MMH. Neither did my maiden initials: MMG.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If you're not married, what do you plan to do?)
My middle name is the same today as it's been since birth. I was planning to take my maiden name as my middle name when I got married this time, but I didn't (though I can't remember why I didn't just do it).
4. Did you, or will you, name your children thematically (ie, the same first letter, all the same origin, etc)?
Kind of. My first son, Nathaniel, has the same first letter as his dad and my second son, Mason, has the same first letter as me. And coincidentally, they're both named after characters from TV shows we really liked. We didn't plan it, but both of those shows happen to be about death. Nice, huh?
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I had decided on a name (I named my health class walnut and liked that name - it was a boy), but I changed it - thank jeebus!
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Yes! My middle name (Marie) comes from both my grandmothers. Nathaniel's middle name (Edward) is the same as the hubs' and his grandpa. Mason's middle name (Gregory) is my Dad's first name.
7. Do you look at the meaning of a name or just the name itself?
Both, though if the meaning of the name is bad, I probably wouldn't pick it.
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr BoBo)?
More like characters than actual names (Tor, Tyr - both Norse gods, Jabba).
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike of based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Totally!! There are a couple names that were crossed off the list before the list was even started because I didn't want to be constantly reminded of that person when I said my child's name.
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
We had a girl name picked out with both pregnancy and really like both of them. Natalie (Nat for short) and Madeline (Maddie). Why do I like them? They're pretty and I like the short versions, too.