Monday, November 28, 2011

NerdLacquer: Pinin for the Fjords

Happy Monday, Kitschies!!  I had a super-long extended Thanksgiving holiday, which was really, really nice, but it's back to the grind for me today.  We were lucky to share out Thanksgiving with Makeup Zombie and her clan - lots of great food, friends and conversations!  I also got to spend all day Friday with Mr Nate.  I went to derby practice on Saturday evening and about froze my fingers off - but I didn't come home with a gigantic new bruise, so that's always good.  It's been a good mini-vacation.

I have my second NerdLacquer to share with you today: Pinin' for the Fjords!  As much as I liked Data Squirrel, I liked Pinin even more.

Pinin' for the Fjords is one of 3 fun polishes from NerdLacquer's new line: Something Completely Different.  These 3 polishes are Monty Python-themed. I. love. it!


Pinin' for the Fjords is a delicate periwinkle base with loads of glitter.  Tiny specks all the way to large hex glitter.  The larger hexes don't show up as much on the nail as Data Squirrel's, but the base on Pinin' is a bit more opaque.  But don't let that get you down...there's still plenty of sparkle going on here!

All the pictures show 3 coats - I'm a chronic 3-coater.  You could definitely get away with 2, I'm sure.  The wear on Pinin' was great.  I applied this early in the week and didn't take it off til Thursday evening - at least 4 days of solid wear with very little tip wear and only one tiny area of chipping.

I got tons of compliments about this polish.  Tons.  People couldn't believe that all this sparkle came from one polish.  Granted, they weren't people in the know like us, but it was funny to hear their reaction, nonetheless.

The only drawback to these polishes is the removal.  Because of all the glitter, you have to use the foil method, but it's a small price to pay for the awesomeness that is Pinin' for the Fjords.

Pinin' for the Fjords, along with her buddies Crunchy Frog (who doesn't love *that* name?!) and It's Just a Flesh Wound (again, awesome!) are available on the NerdLacquer etsy shop page either individually ($8, each) or as a trio ($24).  If you hurry over there, Amanda has some great gift packaging available as well as a NEW holiday collection: Holoday.

A big thank you to Amanda, the creative genius behind NerdLacquer for giving me the chance to review her beautiful geek-filled polish!

*Product provided to Kitschy Suburbia for review - all opinions are 100% my own*

8 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the color!!

Emmy said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and that is a great color.

Poetry of the Day said...

those colors are amazing!

GothamPolish said...

This is beautiful! I'm lovin' this line of polishes :)

Impulsive Addict said...

I love that color and I like the name even more!!!

Anonymous said...

you seriously have the most beautiful nails! I am a little jealous!!

Danielle said...

Very nice, I really like this polish! I would want to stamp snow flakes all over it :)

SilhouetteScreams said...

I purchased a bunch of polishes from there recently and this was in my order, so I can't wait to try them!