Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Why Go With the Flow?

Good day, Kitschies!  I hope you're enjoying your week and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It's been an *interesting* week, to say the least.  Halloween was good - the boys got TONS of candy.  We went to see Harry Potter 7.2 (finally) and I loved it.  I think it was the best of all the HP films.  I cried a lot more than I expected I would, but that's not really surprising.  I'm a cry-baby when it comes to movies.  Anyway...I posted my Halloween manis on Monday and in case you missed it, go take a look at them HERE.

I know it's usually WWtKW or On Wednesday We Wear Pink, but I don't really feel like going with the flow today, so I'm going to share a purple mani with you today.

You've heard of my disinterest in neon and you've heard my love of the CC Electro Candy collection.  This little neon lovely comes from that wonderful CC collection.

This is CC Ultra Violet.  It's a really pretty purple neon with a blue flash.  I love this color in person, but like most purples, this one was hard to capture.

No matter how I adjusted the color balance in PS, I couldn't get it quite right.  It's more purple and less pink IRL.

It was too much POW just left as purple, so I grabbed my black and white striping polishes and did some racing stripes.  And no, you're not imagining things - I've done a mani similar to this a while back with a Cult Nails polish (you can check that post out HERE). 

I love the color of this polish, but I *really* love the blue flash.  It's crazy strong in the sunlight!  If more neons were made with a flash, I wouldn't shy away from them so much.

In other news, I had to chop down all my nails.  *I haz a sad*  I haven't chopped my nails for MONTHS and now I feel like I'm missing half my fingers!  *sigh*  I know they'll grow back but they're so SHORT!  

Well, there ya go.  I'm about outta here for the day - have to go take care of Thing #2 and have the hubs go to work.  Don't ya just love sick kiddos?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cute
I love this mani!

Myya said...

I am a sucker for a shimmer changing color. Love the hints of pink, purple & blue.

ANSTAH said...

SO CUTE!!! I hope your boys had a great halloween! I saw this video clip and immediately thought of you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_YQpbzQ6gzs#at=80

Unknown said...

mmmkay, you can stop havin perfect nails now. thanks :)

Copyboy said...

I think you got the PH perfectly!