Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Look Out (derby) World!

Good morning, Kitschies!!

I have some exciting news!  Last night was skills test night for derby and instead of breaking my ass like I did last time...I passed!!  I skated my 25 in 5 (skate 25 laps in under 5 minutes) in 4:43.  I performed all the skills (stops, falls, hits, whips, etc) AND I passed the written test.  Yep.  There's a lot to do to become a roller girl!  Funny thing is...when I started this back in August, I gave myself 6 months to pass the skills test and it's been almost exactly 6 months since my first practice!

And...I have a home!  I am a proud member of DIA: Derby Intelligence Agency. 

Now, that doesn't mean I'll be skating in a bout any time soon...I'm just fresh meat at this point.  No.  Seriously. 

But... if you live in, or come visit, the Albuquerque area, you should definitely come see my team's first bout on March 10th at the Albuquerque Convention Center!!  *EDIT*  I've been informed that I will, in fact, be skating on March 10th!

I'll be posting here periodically about my progress with DIA and such.  I can't wait to start this thing!  It's been such a great outlet for me...I really needed to "find" myself.  So. excited!!

OH!  And one more thing.  My hubs brought the boys by the clinic to say hi yesterday afternoon and Nate gave me the BEST card ever!!

When he gave this to me, I almost cried!  How sweet is that?!  Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but I couldn't get it on the computer any other way at work.

OK.  I'm done.  Have a great Tuesday!!

7 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations on passing and being selected for a team!! How exciting. I hope we get to see you in a bout this summer when we come to visit.
Love the card from Nate! I think that one deserves to be framed.

Debra Hawkins said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations on passing skills and having a team! What a cute boy for making the card!

Emily said...

That is so awesome Megan! I wish I could magically teleport myself there for your first match! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Robyn said...

Good luck!!! This is something I'd realy like to try but I don't have the time or money for :( Please keep us posted!

GothamPolish said...

This is such exciting news!!! Congrats! You've come so far in only 6 months :)

Impulsive Addict said...

I love this post! GREAT JOB GIRLY! I admire you....especially after my post today. Much respect, yo!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on passing and being part of DIA! Awesome name and you'll be a great addition. :) Love the card too -- you should put it on your jersey. If you wear jerseys. Still a little unclear about how roller derby actually works in that respect.