Friday, October 22, 2010

A Stormy Chicken

Yay!  It's Friday!!  Friday comes much quicker when you have an extra day off during the week.  I think I'm going to have to negotiate that in to my next contract.  As if.  LOL  I am NOT going to complain about my job - I really do love it.

Today I bring you one of my favorite chicken recipes.  I got this recipe from my Mom, who got it from Allrecipes.  The original recipe (linked in the title of the recipe itself) is for kabobs, but we always do it on chicken breasts.  This is a recipe that can be made year-round - if you BBQ year-round like we do. 

Rosemary Ranch Chicken
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c ranch dressing
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
1 Tbsp white sugar, or to taste (optional)
5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade. 

Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium-high heat until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.

NOTES:  I usually let this marinate overnight or the entire day (which ever I remember to do).  My Mom uses dried rosemary, but I prefer fresh in this recipe even though it's a bit more work.  I also omit the vinegar (I wasn't sure whether I did or not until I pulled up the picture).  This recipe makes awesome leftovers!
You can use any variety of ranch dressing - I use whatever we have in the fridge at the time.  Oh, man!  Making this post makes my mouth water.
If you have a rosemary bush in your yard, that's probably the easier way to go, but seeing as how our two dumb butt dogs demolished our rosemary, we have to buy little packs of it.
I was in such a hurry to eat, I forgot to take a pic until I cut up a bunch of mine!  LOL  You get the idea, though.


And as a bonus, I'll share a couple pictures I snapped yesterday afternoon.  Click for maximum goodness.
It looked like we were in for a doosy of a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon.  The skies to the northeast (pictured here) were SO dark!
And it was starting to extend to the northwest, too.  But...we didn't get much rain.  In fact, we got about 1 minute of the stuff.  However, the northeast of Albuquerque got dumped on!
We did, however, have a pretty rainbow (and a barely there double) for the minute we got rain.  I the stark bright colors of the trees and houses against the foreboding dark stormy sky.

Guess I should get some work done.  It's shaping up to be a busy weekend (which will be the case for the next couple of weeks).  I hope to keep my sanity and to return with more posting fun on Monday.  Oh, just a little note: thank you to everybody who voted in my little poll this week.  I have one question, though.  I listed "Other" as an option and one person clicked that - WHAT, may I ask, do you want to see more of (if not more cuties, yummies or pretties)?

Happy weekend!

6 comments:

Copyboy said...

Great menacing pics and a totally delish recipe. The rosemary looks good enough to eat.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The vinegar in the recipe adds just a little added zing - you should really try it. Otherwise - yummmmmmmm - it's one of those recipes we always go back to. Love the pictures! We have had dark clouds and rain here in LV too.

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I think the vinegar helps break down the meat so the flavor gets in. ??? Sounds simply yummy!

I love storms but I'm just on 'that' side of odd, anyway. lol

Have a restful weekend even though you are busy. You deserve a nice rest!!!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

I want to see more of what you like to post on. I loved your post on your trip. :) I love seeing a storm move through. When I lived in flat lands I could watch it move across the plains and have clear sky over me. It is always awesome! Glad you had a great trip - I'm jealous....but in a good way.

SilhouetteScreams said...

Nommmmmmms. I love storms and rain, but getting so little rain is unfair :O

Debra Hawkins said...

That recipe looks delicious! I love the pictures of your skyline. I love the way the world looks right before and after it rains. :)