Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Loves Me a Glitter Sammich

Happy Wednesday, Kitschies!  I was catching up on my blogs this evening and I came across a pink Wednesday post and it made me realize that it was, in fact, Wednesday.  I've been MIA the last few days because we had our first official Winter storm blow through New Mexico between Sunday and Monday.  As a result, the schools were closed (which is good because the roads were not in good shape) and I stayed home with the boys.  Then we heard that the schools were going to be closed on Tuesday.  OK...the roads are still a little icy, so I guess I can agree with that.  So, I stayed home with Nate and the hubs took Mason to daycare.  I ventured out of the house and the snow and the roads weren't that bad - especially once I got down in to the valley.  And *then* I got a text from a co-worker telling me that the schools were going to be closed again on Wednesday because of "hazardous road conditions on secondary roads".  Seriously?!  WTH?!  Luckily, my MIL agreed to take Nate so I could go to work (for the first time in 4 days, which I'm not *really* complaining about).  The roads were fine this morning - a 2-hour delay would've been fine.  ANYway...Nate had fun with his grandma and he got to go to Explora with his cousins and I got back to work.  It has been a long and short week all at the same time.

Speaking of pink Wednesday posts, it was THIS post by Ice Queen's Nail Parlour that made me realize it was Wednesday.  And it reminded me that I have a similar mani to share! 

I'm not gonna lie.  I have *no* idea when I did this mani.  I can tell you it was in the Summer, but beyond that...no clue.  What I *can* tell you is this is OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y, a really pretty raspberry jelly.  And sammiched in there is Milani Gems.

This was my first glitter sammich mani and I'm impressed that it turned out the exact way I'd hoped.  That doesn't happen very often.

I can't remember *when* I did this one, but I *do* remember getting compliments on this mani.  I remember "this is your prettiest one yet" being thrown around a time or two.

If you've followed my blog for a while, you probably already know I'm not the biggest fan of chunky glitter, but when it's in a glitter sammich or mattified (like I did HERE), I like it a little more.  In fact, I liked this so much, I ran out and grabbed Revlon Royal.  I had been looking for an excuse to pick that one up for some time and I finally found the excuse I needed! 

Now a question for you, my lovely readers.  What is your favorite jelly polish?

Have a great day!  See you again on the other side.

9 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

Oh it really is soooo pretty! I remember you saying that glitter was hard to take off but man does it look good on the fingers. When I look at my hands, they look like old lady hands compared to yours!!! I'm jealous!

Erika said...

Ooo! I love these colours. A lot. I really need to get some of the OPI jellies from last Summer. I have been admiring them for all this time but just haven't picked any up, yet.

Favourite jelly? You're kidding, right? If pressed, I'd have to say that Revlon Royal is a strong contender for fave. But I have a couple of fab reds. And don't forget pinks and a green or two. Oh! And I have this fabulous purple jelly...

Yeah. :P

Amelia said...

this looks gorgeous - it also almost looks like winterberries. Beautiful xx

Robyn said...

I wanna glitter sammich! *must buy jellies*

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like somebody in the school district wanted another day off.

The first picture of your mani reminds me of the soft plastic squishy things you used to get as a kid. It is a very pretty mani!

Ali'sNailNews said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love it! :-)

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Excellent!

cathryn said...

i love this! jelly sandwiches always seem to turn out so well. beautiful color choices (=

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Nom nom - squishy goodness!