Saturday, May 22, 2010

When life gives you lemons

You make lemon Bundt cake, of course! Today I bring you an awesome lemon cake. I took this to work with me on Friday and got rave reviews. It's super easy, super moist and it tastes great!

Lemon Bundt Cake
1 (18.25 oz) package lemon cake mix (without pudding added)
1 (3.4 oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix, then stir in the oil. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the lemon-lime soda.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Glaze: 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Mix together until powdered sugar has dissolved. Once cooled, drizzle over cake.


Bonus picture spam. :) My beautiful boys, Nate and Mason. We took a quick trip to the park before we went grocery shopping this morning. I think it's funny that Nate kinda looks like the face on his shirt!


PS: It's *almost* giveaway time. I only have one more (yes, ONE MORE) follower to reach 15! Thank you to everybody who follows my blog. It's nice to know you like what I have to offer/say and I hope you've enjoyed my noob blog as much as I've liked creating it. Have a great rest of the weekend! I hope the weather in your neck of the woods isn't too hot...yet!

Listening to: DH & Nate playing Star Wars Legos
Mood: headache!

4 comments:

Wendi_ThroatPunch said...

Looks delicious...so where's mine?!

Gina (Prim and Polished) said...

Nice! I would love a piece of that right now!

Love the blog!! I am excited to have found it through Brooke!!!

Gina @ primandpolished.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

I love this cake. I made it a looong time ago. The pudding really makes for a richer cake. Your boys are adorable.

Megan Harmeyer said...

@MZ: Same place my Strawberry Fields is. LOL

@Gina: Thanks! :) I am a follower of your blog, now, too.

@Lucy: This is a "classic" cake - and by "classic" I mean: the best. :)