Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WWtKW: Food Edition

Good morning, Kitschies!  It's been a BUSY week.  Yesterday went by without me even logging in to Blogger - how does *that* happen?!  Derby practice on Monday night was good - came away with two pretty good new bruises (it's not a successful practice if I don't come away without a new bruise).  Tuesday (was that just yesterday?!) evening was spent getting ready for my trip to Cali on Thursday (tomorrow - eek!).  So much still left to do without a whole lot of time to do it.  *deep breathing*

I'm linking up with the ever-awesome Mamrazzi and Alicia aka Queso for We Want to Know Wednesday.  This week's questions are all food-centric.

Photobucket


1.  What is the one thing (food or drink) that you MUST have every day?
2.  What is your "go to" food when you don't feel well/need comfort?
3.  Is there a dish that you make that people request when they visit your home/a family favorite?
4.  What are 3 foods you have TRIED, do not like, and will NEVER try again?
5.  What's the one thing you love to eat that most people would think is weird/gross?
*the last question is courtesy of Dee at Homesick Cajun


1.  What is the one thing (food or drink) that you MUST have every day?
That's easy: coffee and diet Dr Pepper.

2.  What is your "go to" food when you don't feel well/need comfort?
That's not so easy.  If I don't feel well, I'll go for chicken noodle soup or tomato rice soup.  As for when I need comfort, I'm not really a comfort eater, so I can't really put my finger on one specific thing.

3.  Is there a dish that you make that people request when they visit your home/a family favorite?
When we have office potlucks, people always want me to make dessert.  When we're home and have friends over, they always want me to make sourdough bread with garlic and butter.  Mmmmm!  Sourdough isn't as easy to come by out here in New Mexico.


4.  What are 3 foods you have TRIED, do not like, and will NEVER try again?
Next to the first question, this is the easiest.  Fish, or, better yet, things that live in the water.  Lamb (just gross).  Venison (I want to like it, but no matter what I do, I just don't).

5.  What's the one thing you love to eat that most people would think is weird/gross?
The level of weirdness/grossness depends on the people I'm with, so I'll just list a few things that I love that other people turn their noses up at: artichokes, bleu cheese, feta, olives (any kind).

Thanks, ladies, for some fun questions this week!  I'll be super busy today, but I'll do my best to go blog hopping to visit all the wonderful people who linked up today.

I may not be around much in the next week, but I promise to be back to full force after I get back from visiting my family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all the food from your #5. :)

Unknown said...

Have a great time in Cali.

I like all the bottom ones although feta in EXTREMELY tiny amounts.

I especially love blue cheese stuffed olives- to die for delish.

VandyJ said...

I like artichokes, blue cheese, feta and black olives. Can't do the green ones.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You'll have to take home some sour dough. I'm soooooo looking forward to tomorrow evening!

Mamarazzi said...

mmm artichokes!! you need to get your sourdough on when you are here in Cali...fo' shizzle!!

thanks for linking up, you know i love love love your face and love your answers.

oh i also think you are a total bad ass for doing roller derby, like seriously awesome!

Unknown said...

I once had to eat bleu cheese right before band. It was nasty. And then my reed tasted like bleu cheese for a month! :(

Dee said...

Sourdough bread is so good!

Alicia said...

ok i'm so jealous that you do roller derby! that's AWESOME!! and seriously if i weren't allergic to sourdough bread i would eat an entire loaf by myself...i LOVE fresh bread, too bad it doesn't love me back :) have fun in CA! that's where i'm at!

sara said...

sourdough is sooo yummy. and i firmly believe that there is very little not made better with feta!