I'm linking up with the awesome Mamarazzi from *Dandelion Wishes* and Alicia from aka Queso for We Want to Know Wednesday. This week's questions come from the newly-returned-from-a-road-trip Mamarazzi. Join me for a jaunt down memory lane (pun intended).
1. What are 3 must-haves for a long road trip?
2. What was the destination for your most recent road trip?
3. What do you miss most about home when on a trip?
4. What is the furthest you have traveled on a road trip?
5. Will you stop for "the largest ball of twine", or are you a "hurry and get there" road trip-er?
Great questions, Mamarazzi! Since my last road trip wasn't *too* long ago (June), these should be a cinch!
1. What are 3 must-haves for a long road trip?Music - for me, the hubs and the kids...individually and together. Nobody wants to listen to kids' cartoon themes over and over and over for hours. And nobody wants to listen to Joy Division over and over again. And nobody wants to listen to whatever I'm listening to over and over again.
DVD player - I know we didn't have one growing up but I can imagine how fast the time would've passed if we'd had one. I think portable DVD players are a gift from god. Seriously.
Snacks - I'm a bored eater and who doesn't get bored on the road?! Snacky stuffs, sweet AND salty alike, are always included on the ride. And don't forget the soda!
But you can't forget to throw in a roll of "just in case" toilet paper. Trust me.
2. What was the destination for your most recent road trip?Well, there were kinda two destinations. First was "home": Bakersfield, CA to visit my parents. Second was Los Angeles for a concert (just me and the hubs). You can see the post about that trip HERE.
3. What do you miss most about home when on a trip?My bed. Period.
4. What is the furthest you have traveled on a road trip?Bakersfield, CA to Seattle, WA-ish (over a thousand miles).
5. Will you stop for "the largest ball of twine", or are you a "hurry and get there" road trip-er?I would love to be able to stop at all the fun side-of-the-road attractions, especially now that the boys are older, but we're always short on time (not enough vacation time in the world). So, as a necessity, I'm a "hurry and get there" kind of road trip-er. Example: I couldn't tell you how many times I've been from New Mexico to California. What's between NM and CA? The Grand Canyon. Never been there. Blasphemy, I know.
How fun were those questions?! Thanks again to Mamarazzi for another week of fun Q&A. Check out *Dandelion Wishes* for the linky and other great blogs who participated this week!