I didn't hook up with this meme last week because of the chaos of the holiday, but I'm playing along this week! So, grab a cup of coffee and join Mamarazzi, Crazymama & Queso for some questions about work.
1. What is the worst job you've ever had?
2. Have you ever been fired?
3. What would your dream job be?
4. What did you want to be when you "grew up"?
5. How old were you when you got your first job?
1. What is the worst job you've ever had?I was a hostess turned dish cleaner for a breakfast cafe. Oh lord, how I hated that job. It wasn't bad when I was a hostess, but once it turned dish cleaner, that's when it got bad.
2. Have you ever been fired?Speaking of that breakfast cafe...I was *almost* fired...but I quit first.
3. What would your dream job be?You know...I don't really know. I would love to do something with music, but that scene is so hard to break in to (just ask my sister), so that's out. I'd like to be a nurse some day, but that means I'd have to go back to college and I don't see that happening right now. Or...if I could make roller derby a full-time paying gig, I'd do that for as long as I could (you know...before I got too old - which is probably just around the corner).
4. What did you want to be when you "grew up"?The first thing I remember is I wanted to be a gardener. Don't ask me why. Then, forever, I wanted to be a teacher - then I worked in a daycare in high school. Working in that daycare cured me of that. I also toyed around with the idea of doing graphic design but life got in the way so I let go of that idea. And, as you can tell from my answer to #3...I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
5. How old were you when you got your first job?I was in high school and I didn't have a car yet, so I'm going to say 14 or 15 (probably 15). I was a file clerk in a small dermatology office. I ended up working there for 5 years and I ended up pretty much running the front office. Started in medicine and that's where I've been ever since!
Great questions, Queso!! Join me and link up to WWtKW - all the cool kids are doing it! :D