Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Keep On Rockin'

Happy Election Day!  I hope all of my fellow Americans exercised their right to vote today - I did through absentee ballot last week.  No matter what party you subscribe to, I think we can all agree that we need a change of scenery.  I'm not saying I voted for this woman, but this is what we have to look forward to if she ends up in the Round House.


So, yeah.  She really said what you think she said. Welcome to the Land of Entrapment.  LOL

Anyway...the weather has been really nice the last couple days.  It was almost 70* today!  Hello?!  Did anybody tell Mother Nature that it's November?  I am not really complaining, but we should not be able to walk around with just a t-shirt.  I was looking through my "pending" file of pictures this evening and I came across this mani.  I almost forgot I had done this one.  I decided to do this design after seeing Purple Rock Star nails on youtube a while back. 

I got the LA Colors raspberry glitter/metallic polish in a 4-pack at CVS (along with purple, blue and green).  The one thing I hate about LA Colors is that there's no color name on the bottle.  There weren't even any names on the package.  Anyway, it's a raspberry jelly with raspberry sparkle.  Pretty, but it was pretty thick.  The second color in the lineup is Sinful Colors What's Your Name - a dupe to OPI Unripened (black with color-shifting microglitter).  Third is an LA Colors Art Deco nail art polish in silver and then Stripe Rite nail art polish in silver glitter.
I started by painting the whole nail with LA Colors Raspberry metallic.  Then, starting from about 2/3 down the nail, I made a diagonal with Sinful Colors What's Your Name.  To spruce it up a bit, I did a couple feathers with the silver Art Deco nail art polish and topped it off with a bit of the silver Stripe Rite.  For added bling, I placed a clear rhinestone in the corner between the silver and black.
This pic was taken outdoors in bright early morning sun.  The previous pic was taken indoors with flash.  I did like the raspberry color, but it was so thick!  I'll be adding a drop (or two) of Zoya Renew before I use it next time.
I really liked this mani, even though it's not all that close to the Purple Rock Star nails design I was inspired by.  My only complaint about this mani was the black chipped quite a bit at the tips, but I think that's partly from me not wrapping my tips and the FDTC I was using at the time.  Plus, I seem to have quite a bit of shrinkage with Sinful Colors (worse than other brands).

I'm kinda feeling uninspired as far as nail art goes lately.  Do you have any nail art suggestions?  Any and all ideas are appreciated!  I love a challenge.

13 comments:

Danielle said...

Have you tried water marbling? I'm so interested in how other people do it patterns, and tips. I've only done it once but plan on doing it again very soon :)

ThRiSzHa said...

love it...

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful as usual! Time to think Thanksgiving - turkey feathers.

The Phalanges Friend said...

lol, freudian slip maybe? Well, I'm not mad at her...she can't be the only one thinking about such things all day.

I love the nail art!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Hngggggg I love that raspberry shade <3

Tempera said...

I really like the design. It is similar to the one you did for Fall and I love that one. I would say this is a signature design? I have only seen you do it. As for nail art I am a noob. Decals and stamps are about my speed.

The Preppy Student said...

i love your mani!

Unknown said...

I suck at paying attention to my nails. But I love that!

sara said...

Hmmm...I'll have to think about suggestions, but I like stray stitches idea!

Unknown said...

Love that raspberry! And I love what you've done with the place -- very perfectly fall. Maybe you should match your mani with your blog :)

colorfulbottle said...

I like this manicure.
Sadly I'm uninspired too, so I can't help you with some inspiration. I hope you get inspired soon=)

Mamarazzi said...

i would love to see a tutorial on how people get that tye died look.

lila Braga said...

fabulous!!! Love the raspberry too!
...by the way your blog is also fabulous!
hgs
lila