Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fussied Gussied

Good morning, Kitschies!  I hope the week has been good for you so far.  I kinda can't believe it's already Wednesday, but for some reason, yesterday seemed to take forever.  So now I'm glad it's Wednesday.  I'm feeling kinda off today.  Off physically.  Off mentally/emotionally.  And I don't exactly know why.  Either way, I hope things go smoothly today because I just don't want to deal with it.

Lately I've been picking up green polishes.  I don't usually go for green, but just the other day on my first Ulta outing with my bestie, I picked up OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow and I can't wait to use it!!  And then there's Zoya Ivanka - I can't tell you how many times I pick that up out of my drawer and put it back again.  Oh, and Color Club What A Shock! - my collection of green is growing.  So, in that vein, I bring you today's mani.  My hubs picked out the color after I handed him two containers of untrieds and told him to pick one.  Yes.  Two containers.  He landed on this one pretty fast.
This beautiful blackened emerald shimmer is ChG Gussied Up Green from the Rodeo Diva collection.  I am slowly collecting colors from this collection - I want them ALL.  Even the browns(it's pretty rare for me to want an entire collection)!  I wore it plain for a day.  And then I got bored.
So, the next night I picked up my ChG Matte Magic and a gold glitter nail art polish.  I matted the tips and divided the matte and the shiny with gold glitter.  This combo really reminded me of Christmas.
Here's the usual suspects.  You know, I really don't care for completely matte nails, but little accents with the matte can be pretty cool.  I just don't *get* the whole matte thing.  Maybe if I ease myself in little by little, it'll grow on me.  Maybe.
A little closer look.  I don't remember how long I wore the mani like this - maybe two days?  I did like it, but the matte wore off and the tips ended up being more of a satin finish than a true matte.  I got quite a few comments on this.  I think one person (a patient, probably) made the comment that I had "sexy nails".  LOL  Not exactly my idea of sexy, but whatev. 

I apologize for the dark pics.  Now that the time has changed, it's really hard to get outdoor/sun pics since it's not really sunrise by the time I leave for work and it's already dusk when I get home.

Do you have a favorite green polish?  Tell me - I want to increase my green collection and word of mouth is the best! 

In case you haven't heard, I'm doing a "Thank You for Being My Friend" giveaway.  Hop on over HERE to enter.  You still have a while to enter (November 27th), but do it now so you don't forget!

10 comments:

Robyn said...

Ohmagawd, that is gorgeous! I don't have any dark green polishes, methinks I need to change that!

colorfulbottle said...

This manicure is really pretty. My favorite green from my stash is definitely Essence All access, but of all I think it is CG- Emerald sparkle =)

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Before I even read down through your post I thought to myself that this color would look mad as a matte. But you took it one step further and made it chic.

I do like BB Couture's Grasshopper because it has such an unusual surprise of gold micro-glitter in it.

Recalcitrant Nails said...

I think this week is going backwards cuz it's going by so slow. I can't believe its ONLY Wednesday...gah!

Awesome color and even more awesome when you added the matte and glitter stripe....why didn't I think of using matte TC as an accent? I love using matte TC so geez...head up my butt sometimes :P Actually, I'm just not creative with nail art, which is one of many reasons I like coming to your blog.

My favorite green....I have a collection actually. Nubar's Going Green limited edition collection (I just purchased the whole collection about a month ago after owning a couple from that collection). Earth is fabulous and, well, what can I say about Wildlife (a green duochrome) simply amazing!

Copyboy said...

Emerald cuteness with a tinge of sexy. If you don't mind me saying so.

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I absolutely love it with the matte tip and gold - and like the patient, I do find it sexy!

SilhouetteScreams said...

I love the matte tips with the gold glitter stripe. I wonder how noticeable the matte tips would be without it?

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I agree with you mani looking Christmassy. It is beautiful! I could see a similar mani in a deep red too.

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

That is awesome! Love it!!!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

That is awesome! Love it and it definately gets me excited for the holidays ;)