A while ago (a long while ago - sorry!), Linda at Stray Stitches, who also happens to be my Mom, tagged me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Mom!!
OK. 7 things...now for the hard part...here we go...
1. I secretly hoped that both of my pregnancies would produce girls...but...little did I know that the hubs' family does NOT create anything other than boys. BUT! I love my little boys and can't imagine my life without them now (though I secretly hope for a girl *some* day - a day that will probably never come).
2. When I was growing up, I wanted to be a teacher. Then I had a teacher's aide class in high school for the in-school daycare. That cured that dream! LOL
3. I have 3 favorite movies, depending on my mood: American History X if I'm in a dramatic mood (I loves me some Edward Norton), The 40 Year Old Virgin if I'm in a funny mood and Meet Joe Black if I'm in a romantic mood (I also loves me some Brad Pitt).
4. The first record I remember owning was Madonna's Like A Virgin...on vinyl! How my parents didn't strangle me, I have no idea. This is one of the reasons I'm glad I don't have a girl.
5. My favorite holiday is 4th of July.
6. My oldest son, Nathaniel (aka: Nate), was named after a character on my all-time favorite TV show: Six Feet Under.
7. My younger son, Mason, was named after a character on a too-soon cancelled TV show: Dead Like Me.
I know the award said 12 blogs, but since I'm linking to another award here in a second, I'm only going to pick 6. So...on to the harder part (in no particular order):
Baking and Mistaking
Lindsey the Vampire Slayer
Elevation of Purpose & Desire
Libby's Pink Vanity
Wife, Check. Mom, Check. Now What?
I love each of these blogs and think you should go check them out! If you decide to follow them, please let them know Megan at Kitschy Suburbia sent you. :)
And...for the second award!
The most awesome Debra over at Housewife Eclectic tagged me for The Desert Island Blog Award!
This award is a little different, and a little fun! If you were stranded on an island and could only read five blogs for the rest of forever, which would you pick? I love this! It was pretty easy to pick my fab five. And here they are, in no particular order:
Makeup Zombie (http://makeupzombie1.blogspot.com/)
Oh, Ms Wendi...what would I do without you? You got me in this mess and my hubs thanks you. LOL Wendi is my BFF, but I love her creativity and her blog - she does awesome makeup looks and posts great pics of her adorable kidlets. I gotta keep up with the latest in indie mineral makeup while I'm stranded, right?
From the Kitchen of: Mrs Bettie Rocker (http://mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com/)
I cannot say enough about Becky's recipes. Seriously! This woman makes the best food!! You'd never know she's a vegetarian - her hubs is one lucky dude! All this and she has two beautiful little boys that she shares with us from time to time. There is no better blog to drool over awesome food while stranded on a
dessert desert island!
I "found" Jess' super awesome blog through Mrs Bettie Rocker. As soon as I started reading, I was hooked. Jess chronicles her life with her super cute 1YO son, Wyatt, and the trials of being a military wife. Reading this blog while stranded would give me the *cute factor* that I need to get by!
Stray Stitches (http://straystitches1.blogspot.com/)
Yes, she's my Mom, but I've really enjoyed watching her creativity with her blog. She quilts, she crochets, she cooks! Can't beat that with a stick. And..she's family, so it would give me the link to the "once upon a time" I'd so desperately need.
Nobody is harder on my wallet than Scrangie! She posts awesome polish collections that make me hunt them down as soon as they're available. Scrangie posts awesome pictures of polish and an occasional EOTD. I loves me some pretties!
There are a couple I'd like to add to this list, but I could only chose 5. So, there ya go! Go check out these loverlies and let them know I sent you. OH! And once you've accepted your Desert Island Blog award, please link up to Just Lu to showcase your blog. :)
Listening to: Whataya Want From Me by Adam LambertMood: rushed