Monday, August 9, 2010

I loves me some grilled pork!

Another Monday is upon us.  I hope everybody had a good weekend.  Mine?  Well...we didn't do much of anything.  However, I got a bur up my booty yesterday and decided to do some Spring cleaning - totally cleaned the dining room and part of the living room.  It needed it so bad...and there's still more to do.  Nate was a turd yesterday - he actually took a nap but he woke up in a horrible mood.  Mason slept half the day away which was kinda nice.  I took him on a walk yesterday evening and I saw a baby horned toad - it was light brown and only about 4" from nose to tail.  The hubs asked why I didn't pick him up - ummm...didn't want my finger pierce, thankyouverymuch!  LOL

I have a tasty pork recipe for you today.  I did this one last week and we really liked it.  I'd say that Nate ate it, but I really don't remember if he did or not.  That kid is so hit and miss when it comes to eating.  Mason, on the other hand, is such a good eater - he'll eat pretty much anything.  Nate *used* to be a good eater - I'm sure it's just his general turdiness.  Yes.  I just made up a word.  LOL

Balsamic Pork Chops
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, sage or thyme
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 pork tenderloins
salt & pepper to taste

Combine oil, vinegar, and garlic with rosemary in a self-sealing bag. Add pork tenderloins and marinate them for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. 

Remove from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Season tenderloins with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, for 15-25 minutes, until meat thermometer inserted reads 155-160 degrees F. Slice to serve.

NOTES:  I used 4 boneless loin chops instead of tenderloins.  If you use dried rosemary, use half as much as fresh (I used the whole 3 Tbsp and it was TOO MUCH!).  I let the chops marinade all day in a zipper bag.  
 


YUM!!  And, just a random pic of Nate-the-Turd.  We had our besties over for dinner last weekend and to keep Nate our of hair, we connected him to the Wii.  I came in from chatting with Wendi and this is how Nate was playing...
He wasn't very happy that I snapped a picture of him.  The pic immediately after this is him jumping off the couching yelling at me to not take a picture.  Anyway, this one made me laugh.  Can you say "Hi - You're Nate's girlfriend?  I have a couple pictures for you to look at."  LMAO!!

Just a reminder...I'm hosting a giveaway for a $40 gift card to CSN Stores.  Check out the original post HERE - you have until August 21st, but go enter now so you don't forget!

Listening to: Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
Mood: disinterested

6 comments:

Jess Craig said...

I WANT MEAT.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I'm going to give this recipe a try this week!

Mamarazzi said...

those chops look amazing!!

shortmama said...

Yummy that recipe sounds delicious!

theartofnails said...

yummmy. I can't wait to try out the recipe!

SilhouetteScreams said...

YUMMM. And LOL I love how much you just paid out your son XD