Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tag! I'm It!

The awesome Liz from Icomatic's Nails tagged for this fun survey. Liz does the most AWESOME nail art - go check out her blog and drool over her skillz.  This is my second post for the day, so consider this a two-fer Tuesday.

1. Have you ever felt so disappointed in a nail polish you wanted to throw it out the window? And why?
Unfortunately, yes.  :(  It's China Glaze Blue Sparrow.  I had seen a picture of it by Lextard on Flickr and it just glowed!  When I saw it at Sally's, I had to have it.  I used it and I was not impressed.  Not even a little.  This was before I knew about the infamous neon finish.  If it was just that, I could've lived with it.  But...the formula was super watery and it took about a million layers to make it completely opaque.  OK.  Maybe not a million, but definitely more than my usual 3.  I didn't take it back, but it sits at the very bottom of my "trieds" bucket.

2. What are your top three favorite nail polishes?
That's a hard one!!  Of course I drew a blank of this one, so I had to go digging through my collection.  In no particular order (and for the moment): China Glaze TTYL (blue holo), Zoya Charla (mermaid in a bottle) and Color Club What a Shock! (alien slime green). 

3. What is your favorite online store?
I don't know that I really have a favorite, but I'll use Etsy as a whole.  And Bath & Body Works.

4. Is there anything you'd like to share with us that you haven't shared before?

Gah - this is the hardest question tonight!  I once drove from Bakersfield to San Francisco (250+ miles ONE WAY) to pick up my boyfriend, slept for two hours, drove back home and made it back in time to go to work.  That was a LONG time ago and that was a LONG day.  Ahh...memories.  Youth is so wasted on the young.

5. What is your favorite song of the moment?

That would definitely have to be from Silversun Pickups - but to choose just one...?  This is Future Foe Scenarios.  I wish there were a proper video for this one but there isn't (that I could find).





There ya have it.  Who am I going to tag???


CHRIS from LACQUER WARE FOR TIPS AND TOES

5 comments:

AggiePigeon said...

oh my, I had the same problem with Blue Sparrow! I just gave it away in a swap, it does nothing for my skintone!
That boyfriend better have appreciated that!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Waaaiiiihhh! Your so funny. This is a cool tag. Thanx! Oh and I totally agree that youth is wasted on the young. I wish I had all that bottled up for now that I'm very past my 'youth' and could use a little pick-me-up.

Megan Harmeyer said...

@Aggie - I think I might throw it in for a giveaway some time in the future (but not the one coming up). As for the BF appreciating the trip - probably not. LOL

@Chris - Ugh! I sooo need some of my 4YO's energy! Too bad they can't put it in liquid form.

Debra Hawkins said...

I am so impressed with your nailpolish abilities. I have fake nails on today from my brothers wedding and they are driving me crazy!!

Megan Harmeyer said...

Thanks, Debra. Getting nice compliments like that make my day!