Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Orchids are Gray?

Good morning, Kitschies!  I hope you survived your Monday.  My day was pretty uneventful (other than finding out that I have to work over a Saturday and Sunday in a couple weeks), which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I know I complained about it when it happened and I'm going to complain about it again.  I hate the time change.  I hate that it's dark by the time I get home.  *sigh*  Can't it just be Spring year 'round?

Since it's Tuesday, I'm bringing you a two-for-one post today!!  A mani & a pedi.  Eeek!  Feet!  I know.  LOL  I don't mind looking at feet as long as they're prettily polished and I don't have to touch them.  There's no way I'd be able to work in a podiatry office.  Ugh!  *Update* Apparently, I didn't put the pedi pics on the flashdrive, so I don't have that one for you right now.  Maybe I'll add them later tonight. 

ANYway.  A couple weeks ago, I saw on various blogs that people had found collections of Color Club at their local Ross.  Of course I had to check it out.  And guess what I found!!  Color Club collections (more on those in a later post)!  WOOT!!  These two polishes are from two collections.
This is Color Club Gem of a Girl Wild Orchid from the Rebel Debutante collection.  I don't really get the name because orchid usually conjures up images of reds, pinks or purples.  This is gray.  Like, mouse gray.  It has the faintest shimmer and that's what drew me to this color (if you click on that pic, you can see the shimmer in the bottle).  This is the first time I've worn gray and I rather liked it.
The coverage was good - opaque and no streaks with two coats.  But, since it's gray, I couldn't just leave it gray.  Gray alone is so meh.  So, I dug out my rhinestones and put a line of blue and pink about 1/3 of the way down from the tip.
For some reason, this color combination reminds me of poodle skirts.  I remember having a poodle skirt that my mom made me in grade school.  I remember it was gray, but I don't remember much other than that.
A couple days after wearing this, my hubs asked if I ever have trouble with losing rhinestones.  I told him they're kinda encased in polish, so it's not really been an issue.  Wouldn't you know it...as soon as I got in the car later that day, I realized I had lost a couple rhinestones?!  LOL  He jinxed me!

What do you think of this gray?  Meh or yeah?

PS:  Thanks to one of my followers for pointing out that I titled this incorrectly.  This is Wild Orchid. *oops*

17 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

LOVE IT! End of story! haha

nail crazy said...

To me,definitely yeah :-)
I like the idea with ringstones

Unknown said...

I like the gray. It also reminds me of poodle skirts. :)

Robyn said...

Yeah! I don't get the name but I really like it - I much prefer grey to 'greige.' I really like it. My rhinestones always fall off, but I do tend to put them in to top corners. Maybe I'll try them like you have.

johnpgal said...

I love the color, but isn't that Wild Orchid from the Untamed Luxury collection?

KarenD said...

I like this one; reminds of the grey Maybelline did recently.

Copyboy said...

Definitely give new meaning to gray skies. ;)

Danielle said...

very cute, i love the grey :)

Debra Hawkins said...

Yes, It does remind me of poodle skirts now that you mention it. :) I love the gray, I love that it lends itself to be added to!

Megan Harmeyer said...

@johnpgal - Yes. You are absolutely correct. Thank you for correcting me! I have made the necessary changes. *blush*

Gina (Prim and Polished) said...

I love this one. It's one of my favorite color club colors. Looks great on you. I agree though, it doesn't remind me at all of an orchid

Aly said...

Pretty color (I'm becoming a grey-addicted), and I love the rhinestones you put on ring finger (I'll try it too)!!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

The rhinestones made this pretty. I wouldn't care much for it on its own. I'm sure I have this one but haven't swatched it.

Bring on the Toes! ;p

Trista said...

Very pretty grey color. I so want to add this one to my collection.

Myya said...

I kinda like it. It is a fun, especially with the rhinestones. Oh & of course hubz jinxed ya, isn't that always the case! :)

SilhouetteScreams said...

The grey is not really my kind of colour, but I do like the rhinestones. I think if I ever tried to wear rhinestones anywhere on my body they'd fall off in 5 minutes XD

Unknown said...

Meh. Can't say it's one of my favorites. It does look better when you give a touch of bling.