Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Power of Pork Compells You!

You know it does! LOL My husband's work brokers for Hormel. And this is a good thing because...? Because I haven't had to buy pork loin, bacon or sausage for a very long time. Definitely a good thing! A good thing for the wallet, but not so much for the waste line. Either way, we love pork here in the Harmeyer house. Today I bring you a pork slow cooker recipe we tried a couple weeks ago. The title of the recipe is kinda boring, but the end result definitely is not. The version I am posting is altered from the original version that is available through the link.

Pork Chops for the Slow Cooker


6 boneless pork chops
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt & pepper to taste


Place pork chops in slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork chops.

Cook on Low setting for 6 hours, until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).


I used a whole pork tenderloin instead of pork loin chops. It ends up so tender I don't think it really matters what form you start with. I also didn't use salt or pepper in preparation - it's plenty salty with the soy sauce and you can always add pepper to your taste later. This was very good the day after. A coworker of my hubs told him the smell reminded him of one of his favorite Cuban pork dishes. I give this recipe 5 full bellies!

Oh, and excuse the Worcersthire sauce in the first picture. It was early when I took that picture and that was near all the other ingredients so I included it. LOL

And a little side note before I send you on your way. My dear hubs called me in to the bedroom because he was in the process of cleaning the bathroom and told me he wanted to talk with me. I went in and he says "I found a new cigar for Groucho!" *sigh* He thinks he's funny.

It was kinda funny, actually. So, there. Now you know what I deal with on a daily basis. How lucky am I?!? *rolls eyes*

Listening to: The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
Mood: parental

No comments: