Thursday, June 9, 2011

Roadtrippin

Good day, Kitschies!  I hope you're surviving the week.  I'm starting to count down the hours til we leave for California early Saturday morning!  And, of course, it's been kinda busy at work today, so I haven't had much time for a post. 

Since I've given you two manis this week, I figured I'd switch it up a bit and show you what I have planned for me and the hubs for one of the days/evenings of our vacay.  This is a little thing I put together to present to the hubs for the anniversary of our first date.

Dear hubs,

We've had another busy year and June 5th marks our 7th wedding anniversary.  Since you planned a special getaway for our last anniversary, it's my turn to plan something special just for us.  So...pack your bags,
we're taking a road trip down to...
to see...
(Brendan Perry) at the...
(El Rey Theatre).  And then we're spending the night ...all by ourselves...at
a cute little boutique hotel near the theater.  Then for lunch on Tuesday, we're meeting up with
(Chicken and Ryan) for lunch!  After a peaceful (read: sans kids) visit, we'll head back to beautiful...
see our beautiful
and finish out our trip in whatever way you'd like.
(Grandma & Beba) have already agreed to watch the boys overnight and are excited to have them both to themselves for a little while.  We'll ask them how they felt after the fact, though.

So...let's get through the next couple busy months and then have some fun in the warm California sun!


I gave this to the hubs in March - I've been dying to get to this trip for MONTHS!!  And now, it's just a few days away.  While I'm not looking forward to the drive (thank jeebus for the portable DVD player), I am definitely looking forward to seeing my family and getting away with the hubs, if only for a day.

6 comments:

KarenD said...

Sounds like a great trip you've planned--have fun!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

You are one AWESOME woman, Megan. You can come marry and treat me special ANY time. LOL I hope your trip is absolutely freaking fabulous!

Jessi M (Lacquered, Painted, Polished) said...

Aw, that is so sweet of you! It gave me goosebumps it was so cute! I went to see my family 2 weeks ago and had the best time. I'm excited for you to see yours. I hope the boys (including the hubs, haha) are good in the car!

sara said...

Sounds fantastic! What a fun trip. Have a blast, can't wait to hear about it!!

Myya said...

What a fun way to decribe a trip : ) I hope that you guys have a great trip! I;m hoping my roadtrip goes well also, 10-12 hours in a car with 5 kids under 8 should be VERY interesting! LOL.

Enjoy your time wiht your family & especially your time alone wiht the hubs :)... maybe Mason will get a little sister hee hee hee :)

SilhouetteScreams said...

Have a great time! ^______^