Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 4th of July - Version 1.0

Good morning, Kitschies!  We've made it to Thursday...how many of you have a 3-day weekend coming up?  I do!  It's 4th of July weekend but it's stoopid dry here and the governor asked us to please not use fireworks this year.  She said she doesn't have the authority to ban the sale of legal fireworks...if she doesn't, who *does*?  *sigh*  I know we're going to my MIL's house for a BBQ on Saturday and Sunday, we're getting together with our besties and our gaggle of kids for another get together.  Funny thing is, we don't have plans for the actual day of the holiday.  Who knows.  Maybe we'll get some rain that evening and it won't matter what we do because we'll be confined to the house. 

I'm a pretty patriotic person; I love red, white and blue.  My kitchen is painted red, white and blue and it's decorated with various America-themed trinkets.  So, as you could imagine, I have used red, white and blue in my share of manis!  This is my first 4th of July themed mani of the season.  And, actually, I did this for Memorial Day back in May.  LOL  I *told* you I'm behind in posting!

This is Orly Monroe Red (gorgeous red creme with subtle red shimmer), ChG Frostbite, Studio M Magic Attraction and white striping polish.  I first saw this on Sally Beauty's Eye For Beauty in January and then did my version in February.  I liked the design so much, I decided to give it another go...this time in red, white and blue!

I had a bit of shrinkage at the tips with the chunky silver holographic polish and some drag with the blue in to the white, but all in all, I really liked how this turned out.

While I'm thinking about it, I have my bestie to thank for Orly Monroe Red.  She asked me to pick up a "hooker red" polish back in the fall.  I liked it so much on her that I decided to snag a bottle when I saw it on clearance at Sally Beauty in April. 

This wraps up my first of at *least* two 4th of July inspired manis.  I did a RW&B water marble Tuesday night that turned out pretty great.  I attempted a tie-dye version but that didn't turn out so great.  LOL

What are your plans for 4th of July?  Do you get Monday off?

8 comments:

Amber said...

This is gorgeous, I think it's my favorite of all your manis that I've seen!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

That is a GREAT manicure!!! I really like that one. :)

And you know it is going to be the stoopid people that are STILL going to set off fireworks. Hello! Stoopid people and fireworks = fires. :(

Nail Designs xox said...

I love it! I also picked up the same red when it was on clearance :)

DesertNails8 said...

Gorgeous mani!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Very beautiful patriotic mani!! Fits you so well.
We will be staying inside under the A/C while the temp outside is 108 F.

SilhouetteScreams said...

Awwh pretty, I like how it's patriotic without being like LOOK AT THIS FLAG ON MY NAILS. The glitter is so cute too.

That's so sad that they asked for no fireworks :(

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Am LOVING this.

Nailderella said...

Oh! That's really pretty!
Nice blog! I'm following you!