Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So I Caved

Morning, Kitschies!  It's kinda slow here at the clinic, so I thought I'd fit a post in.  Last night was pretty uneventful.  I got off work about 5:45.  Got home and got the kids in to the bath and then had dinner.  After lazing around on the couch alone while watching Antiques Roadshow, the hubs and I watched an episode of Ghost Adventures.  Say what you will about those kind of programs, but I like this one.  Yes, the lead "hunter" is a douche (they *all* are), but there's something about GA that I like.  Lately they haven't gotten to me, but the one we watched last night was kinda scary.  No nightmares, but I did have to watch something else to take my mind off it.  LOL

So.  When my bestie got me in to this whole nail polish addiction almost a year ago, she picked up ChG For Audrey.  I'd seen it all over the boards and there's a ton of pics on it if you do a Google search, but I just didn't *need* it.  I've gotten many, many polishes over the last year and I always just looked over it.  Until January.  For some reason, I decided I needed it and I caved.

While on a hunt for a new nail art design to try, I came across *this* and thought, "Hey! I can do that!"  I changed up the colors a bit and this is what I got.

The lineup, taken without flash.  ChG For Audrey, some un-named LA Colors (I think it's Atomic) and ChG Atlantis.  Oooh!  I love Atlantis!  I went in to Sally Beauty to look for something else and Atlantis jumped out at me.  So pretty! 

*drooooool*  Look at all the awesome holo sparkle.  Add in the medium teal jelly base and it's a total WIN!

This pic was taken with flash...I think the first pic is more accurate as far as color goes.

How cool is this?  Taken in the shade, you can really see all the great colors.  Minty blue-green on the whole nail, a diagonal with the darker blue-green and a smaller diagonal with Atlantis in the corner.  Top off with a couple stripes of white acrylic paint and you have a cute, easy-to-do mani!

Here it is in the sun...so pretty!  I think this was one of my favorites.  It was hard to fully capture the sparkle of Atlantis, so you'll just have to trust me that it was drooly.  I don't remember exactly when I wore this mani, but I do remember that I loved it.  I want to try it again with some other colors.

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you all enjoy your day.  It looks like another gorgeous day here in the Land of Entrapment Enchantment.  See you here tomorrow!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous design! i LOVE the colors you used. and omg... i love ghost hunters. Have you seen ghost adventures? talk about douche. but it's an interesting show regardless.

Stephanie Merlin said...

Lovely! I love all of these blues together.

Debra Hawkins said...

I LOVE this mani! That is a manicure that I would love! I think I might be breaking out the nail polish, except I know that I am not good a manicures. :)

Unknown said...

Amazing!!
I love your mani!!
Atlantis looks very good!!

KarenD said...

Wow, what a great design!

Unknown said...

Now, I'm not trying to put down Cheryl at SBB, but.... [whispers] Yours look much better!

sara said...

So pretty and super feminine. Gotta say I love the ChG For Audrey!

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

Absolutely adore this combo. That sparkle is killer!

Having seen GA yet as I'd get scared, but I love Antiques Roadshow. :)

AmyGrace said...

That looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD that is adoarble and its nail art even I couldn't deuce up!

Silence is Loud said...

I LOVE this mani!!! so simple and pretty!!

Unknown said...

So pretty, and I love blues! You did a great job! :):)

Jen said...

This is amazing! I love it!!

Copyboy said...

Yeah I agree that guy is a douche, but the show is entertaining enough. Love the sparklyness!!! Oooh la la

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Awesome job on that nail art along with excellent color combos.

mir said...

Nice design, and it looks lovely on you! I snatched up Atlantis two weekends ago myself (I've repainted my nails 4 times with it since... of course not as nice as you though.. I'm still lucky to just keep it off my cuticles!). Need more bottles. I'm thinking 5-6 backups might be okay. ;x

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Oh, baby! You took For Audrey (which I know is treachery to say, but I didn't like it) and made it a STAR! For living in a land-locked area, you sure know your Sea Spray! Ma-va-lous!

cathryn said...

this is ADORABLE! i love it!!

ghost adventures CRACKS ME UP SO BAD LOL. zak bagans is the most ridiculous tv host ive ever seen, he takes himself so seriously and is so spastic, the show is entertaining for all the wrong reasons!

Eva Flores said...

nice blue manicure!

Unknown said...

Oh my gorgeous! I love it. Probably my favorite out of all of yours I've ever seen. LOVE.

Unknown said...

I loooove that color combo! I'm also ordering some of the Atlantis right now! Beautiful!

Impulsive Addict said...

You are way too talented. I may stop liking you.

AMAZING!

loodie loodie loodie said...

OMG that is so awesome!

Emmy said...

Awesome job!! Seriously gorgeous

DesertNails8 said...

I love this look!

Myya said...

Looove that glitter! I need you to do my nails every week. Honestly you would probably give me a lecture about how bad my nails really are :)