Friday, February 18, 2011

Hearts & A Smile *pic heavy*

TGIF, Kitschies!!  Do you have big plans for the coming weekend?  Do you get Monday off for President's Day?  I don't have a whole lot going on this weekend other than a haircut *squee* and a birthday party for my nephew.  Other than that, we're supposed to have rain on and off so I don't think we'll get outside like I'd like. 

I know I'm a little late to the party to share my VDay mani with you; better late than never, right?  I had just finished my Two Weeks of Pink manis and it was time for a change!!  I still stayed with a traditional VDay color.

This beauty of a red creme is Zoya Alix.  The Zoya website describes Alix as a vibrant medium true mid-tone red with a glossy creme finish and I agree.  This is one HOT red - not too bright, not too dark.  Just awesome sexy red.  I love this color but I have a love/hate relationship with red.  It's a total PIA to clean up and remove AND if it chips even one teeny tiny place, it *has* to come off.  Am I alone in this?

After trolling My Simple Little Pleasures, I saw her tutorial for this cute nail art and had to give it a try.  I started off with alternating white and red nails but I couldn't get the white to look just right so I gave up and went with all red.

Collette at MSLP does great tutorials (awesome water marbles) - if you have some time, you should definitely check her blog out.

We were up in the mountains on VDay where there was *plenty* of snow.  You know I *had* to take a picture against the stark white of the snow. 

Now for the fun!  The hubs and I had a rare kid-less day together.  What did we do?  Like a couple of teenagers, we went sledding!!

The hubs caught some air!

I got a nice action shot of *him*, you'd think he could've done the same for me. *sigh*

But, he did get a decent close-ish shot of me.  Like my knit cap?  He gave that to me "just cuz" a couple months ago and I <3 it.

After we'd had enough sledding, we went for a little hike up on the peak.  Lots of snow!  I stepped off the path and sank to my KNEES!!  Lesson learned.

The view was awesome!!  This is looking southeast from the top of the mountain.  The city you see in the distance is Albuquerque.

Awww...the two lovebugs.  It was pretty warm, considering it's still only February and there was so much snow around. 

I like this one because I didn't mean to get the hubs in the background...I was trying to take a pic of myself.  LOL  Yay for happy accidents!

A big thank you to my hubs - I had such a great time!  I used to not like VDay (for a couple reasons) but he's changed my mind on this.  He goes out of my way each VDay to make sure we enjoy it.

I will announce the winner of my giveaway either tonight or some time this weekend, so be sure to keep an eye out!  Have a good weekend and if you're traveling for the long holiday weekend, be safe!

13 comments:

Robyn said...

Cute pics of you two! I tried this mani and I pooped it up big time!

mir said...

<< Am I alone in this? >> No, I'm right there with you!
<< Awww...the two lovebugs. >> Awwww! Glad you found some time for yourselves. :)
The Red Hearts mani is definitely a keeper on you... I hate the clean-up of red, too, but damn, this is just too cute to avoid!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

What fabulous way to spend VDay. Whenever I see photos of the 2 of you and listen to you share -it makes my heart all warm. And the mani rocks.

As for the weekend? Well, I don't have to be anywhere for anything for awhile so I'm going to enjoy doing whatever I danged well please and not worry what needs to be done "next". Doing what I please includes doing some baking, going through my cupboards and making sure I have good food and getting in a yoga session (at home) and a work out - and if I can tolerate the again cold weather, maybe a walk, some journaling too. :D

Hope your weekend is absolutely awesome!

sarah said...

i would love to have great manis like that! i play guitar and every time i get my nails done, they get chipped asap! so jealous! the hubster and i just went sledding recently too. i was a BLAST!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I've never seen this art before. Man, you did a grand job of it. Totally darling!

The two of you look like you had a blast. I like that accidental photo too.

Don't you think someone should just go ahead and call their red polish 'PITA Red'? ;)

MissMidnightBlue said...

AWW you guys look like you had so much fun! :)

Love the mani, so cute.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful mani!! It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Lindsey said...

Very cute mani!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun day! and I looove the mani.

Wendi_ThroatPunch said...

That's an amazing mani!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Awwh so elegant :3 and LOL you guys have the right idea about VDay - that's something I would do if we ever got snow here XD

nail crazy said...

mani looks great :-)
and snow... no snow where i live... never :-/

Myya said...

Ok so first off I LOOOVE your VD mani. THose hearts are all kinds of cute! Second, what a FUN day with the hubs!!! Sledding is awesome, I haven't done it in years. Great pics!!!