Monday, February 7, 2011

Two Weeks of Pink - Part 2

Good day, Kitschies!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  On Saturday, the bestie and I took a little trip down to Magdalena, NM where we traipsed through the snow and got some good pictures of the scenery and a cool cemetery.  On the way back, we stopped at the mall.  I picked up two polishes from the ChG Anchors Away collection and one from the OPI Texas collection (pictures later).  And the bestie...she got her ears pierced for the third time.  Sunday was spent at home with the boys and doing the regular weekend chores.  No Super Bowl for me!  I didn't even know who won the dang game until I started watching the Glee episode after the game and it encroached on my Glee watching.  I really have no interest in football and I think I've only ever once made it a point to watch the Super Bowl and it was probably because whoever I was dating at the time liked football.  Either way, I'm glad it's over.

Today I'm sharing my second pink mani.  Since I went with a bright bold pink for the first mani, I thought I'd tone it down a bit with for the second one. 


This is Zoya Meadow.  It's a pretty rose-toned neutral with a bit of gold shimmer.  It doesn't show up quite so pink IRL, but it really fit for the nail art I added.  This (and the next pic) was taken indoors with flash.


For some reason (maybe because I'm tired of the cold temps?  Just a thought.), the idea of cherry blossoms popped in my head.  I did some research of cherry blossom images online and I I grabbed ChG Foxy and acrylic paint in white, pink and yellow.  I painted the branches using ChG Foxy and then, using my dotting tool, I dotted flowers on at random places along the branches.  I layered the pink and white to create a more variegated flower.

The gold shimmer is a bit more subtle than I'm used to, but when you see it out in direct, bright sunlight, the shimmer pops out a bit more.  It took a bit of practice, but once I figured out how to layer the pink and white, the flowers really came to life.
And for once, I like how my right hand came out better than my left.  If you make this picture bigger, you can see that the combining of the colors for the flowers really worked out well.  The color in this last picture is the most color accurate.

Speaking of Zoya...I, along with a BUNCH of other people, took advantage of their Facebook get-3-free offer.  I got 2 of my polishes about 3 weeks ago.  The third was on back order so I waited.  And waited.  I didn't check on it because I figured they'd get to it once all the other orders had gone out.  Well, I got tired of waiting and contacted customer service.  Zoya's customer service is AWESOME!!  She checked in to it and found that the back order had been canceled for some unknown reason but she'd get my third polish out to me ASAP.  This was Tuesday.  Thursday afternoon my third polish was on my desk at work!  How great is that?!  So, without further adieu, here are my FB2011 polishes.

These are Edyta, Jacy and Pru.  Wanna guess which one was back ordered?

Since we had snow, I thought I'd play around with it a bit.

Aren't they pretty?  Pru is bronzed plum with flecks of gold glitter and subtle purple and gold duochrome.  Gorgeous!  Jacy is a unique red-toned berry-purple with bright magenta and violet metallic shimmer.  I have this on my toes right now and I love it!  Edyta (the back order culprit) is a complex mixture of gold, olive, blue-green and smoky grey with a sparkling metallic finish.  I'm pretty much over dark "winter" colors, but I might have to make an exception for this one.

So finally my trio of Zoyas are together at last!  LOL  I love seeing what everybody got - I'm adding to my Zoya lemming list quite frequently.  I'm gong to have quite the list by the time their recycle program rolls around!

OH!  One more thing.  Don't forget to enter my Just Because I Can giveaway.  You have until February 16th to enter, but do it now so you don't forget!

**Color descriptions of the Zoya polishes are from the Zoya website**

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely colors! I love them in the snow -- very creative! I can't wait to see what you do with the Pru... that's my fave of the three. :)

sara said...

Love this mani...cherry blossoms are so soothing. And the new colors are awesome. I'm really digging the bronze one.

Anonymous said...

your bottle pics are too cute and the manicure is so pretty, it's very peaceful-looking.

Emmy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Are you going to post pics of your excursion?

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

That is the sweetest pink cherry blossom mani!!! I love those pink shades that have a shimmer.

And that is so clever to use the snow for a photo like that! You can put that in a magazine! Love it!!!!!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Nice. I like the nail art.

Copyboy said...

It's funny you make me look at polish like art now. The Zoyas are very pretty...flecks and all.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the mani! The cherry blossoms are perfect for this time of year. The polish in the snow looks like a professional photo shoot - lol!

KarenD said...

Your cherry blossoms are great!

Myya said...

I love love LOVE this pink mani!!! The color is really subtle & pretty and the art is adorable! Those new Zoya colors you got are fun fun fun!

I didn't watch the Super Bowl either. I DVR'd it & just checked in on the score & watched commercials.

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Love the cherry blossoms!