Friday, February 11, 2011

Two Weeks of Pink - Part 3

TGIF!  It has been one heck of a week.  Bustin' my booty at work.  Corralling the boys when I get home.  Making dinner.  Cleaning up.  Trying not to pass out as soon as my butt hits the couch.  *sigh*  I'm glad it's the weekend.

I know it's supposed to be Flashback or Family Friday, but since I'm on this Two Weeks of Pink kick (you have the bestie to blame thank for that), I thought I'd share the mani I wore for most of the week.  Pink mani #2 was pretty subdued, so it was time to kick it up a notch or two for the next mani.  I hope you're ready for a lot of pictures!

This bright, in-your-face pink is Color Club Electro Candy.  A neon pink with a purple-ish (or was it green?) flash.  I never liked neon polishes until I got my hands on the Electro Candy collection.  This pic was taken outdoors in bright sunlight.

This is indoors with flash.  I started of with three coats (because it's a neon) and while I liked the color, I didn't want to leave it quite that bright.

Outdoors in direct sunlight.  I grabbed my striping brush, black acrylic paint and a silver glitter striping polish and striped away!

This design was super simple.  It was enough of a design to break up the OMGTHATSBRIGHT, but not so much that it hid the awesomeness of the polish itself.

I applied this on Sunday evening and it had awesome wear.  I didn't change my mani til Thursday night and I didn't have any chips and barely any tip wear.

I'm ready for my closeup, Mr Seville.  My striping brush is one of my favorite tools (thanks, Mom!) - you can do so much with it.

Like I said, I wore this mani for 5 whole days without any problem...except that I got bored with it.  I had a patient ask me why I "don't just get those gel nails done".  She meant gel polish that's cured under a UV light.  For a few reasons.  #1: They last at least 2 weeks.  If I had to wear the same polish for 2 weeks, I think I'd go insane.  #2: To get a gel mani at a salon costs money.  Money I don't have.  #3: I don't have a UV lamp and I don't want to buy a UV lamp.  So, yeah.  No gel manis for *this* girl.  To break up the boredom, I grabbed my bottle of OPI Black Shatter that my most awesomest bestie procured for me (you ROCK).

This is one coat of OPI Black Shatter over the already pictured Electro Candy mani.  If you click on the pic, you can see some of the silver glitter peaking through a couple of the cracks.

I liked the neon pink mani, but I liked the switch up the Black Shatter gave it.  See how good this wore?  I took these last two pics the same evening I took the polish off.  I was afraid the Black Shatter was going to be a total PITA to remove, but it wasn't any more difficult than regular polish.  I know you've seen the shatter manis all over the place, but you hadn't seen mine.  Now you have and now you can go back about your business.  LOL

The other day, somebody commented that I didn't post enough pics of myself on my blog.  I hate taking pictures of myself, but since they said that, I thought I'd make it a point to add one.  This is me modeling my new scarf that was included in the Pinktastic Swaptastic package from Christi at g r e y u m b r e l l a.  Thanks, again, Christi - I love it!


So...happy weekend!!  Next week I'll have at least another mani to share as well as a recipe (or two).  I'm hoping to have an Etsy shop to review by Thursday of next week, too.

Don't forget my giveaway.  I've picked up a bottle of Revlon Perplex to add to the giveaway - you know you want it!

8 comments:

sara said...

I'm surprised you like the crackle. Seems like it would be too messy for your taste.

And I'm loving the Perplex...fingers crossed!!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Love the shattered over the pink. The scarf suits you too! :) Happy Weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the pink and all of its "faces" -- and your face too! Nice to see you again. ;)

Myya said...

OMGTHATSBRIGHT... ha ha ha I loved that phrase!

I like the neon, but I think that shatter totally takes the cake! That was awesome!!!

My sister did those gels the other day, that would be so cool (if I could afford it).

Great pic of you & super cute scarf!

No need for any more entries for your giveaway cuz I'm gonna win LOL :)

Lourie said...

My daughter would totally love the designs you did. I love the shatter look.

Impulsive Addict said...

I am so super jealous of your gorgeous perfect fingernails. Your cuticles are perfect too! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS! I guess I would need TIME to do my nails and I don't. Hmmm....I'll keep thinking...

KarenD said...

Great cross hatched stripes!

nail crazy said...

i don't know what i like the best - crossed mani or crackle :-)
btw, nice scarf :-D