Friday, February 4, 2011

Family Friday

Good morning, Kitschies!  I hope you're staying warm in your part of the world.  It has been incredibly cold here in central New Mexico (it was -18* on the patio yesterday morning).  There have been random rolling natural gas shortages the last couple of days because it's been so cold.  Because of the shortages, the mayor has called for all the schools and all non-essential city positions be closed today.  How crazy is that?!  We've been incredibly lucky to have a warm house and hot water to go home to.  I really hope it starts to warm up soon because this Cali girl is NOT used to cold weather like this!!

I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures from the last couple of weeks. 

This fat blob is our cat Sol.  He's at least 20 pounds (seriously) and will lay on a scrap of paper on the floor if that's the only thing around.  This time he managed to hoist his fat arse up on the table to lay on my backpack.  I swear we have the laziest cats in the universe.  I'm just jealous I can't do the same.

We had a dusting of snow in early January and we took the boys to the park because we all were starting to get cabin fever.  I captured this picture at exactly the right time.  This is a good representation of Nate - I swear he moves around so much he actually hovers a few inches off the ground.

Flash forward to this week.  We got a a couple inches of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was home with the boys on Wednesday and they were driving me insane being indoors, so we bundled up and headed out for some fun in the snow.  Nate plopped himself down and made a couple snow angels in the yard while Mason dawdled around the yard doing things here and there.

Isn't he adorable?  LOL  Mason loved the snow - I had to *make* him come inside.  At one point he stood at the back door pounding on the door to go out.  We'd already gone through a complete change of clothes for both boys that morning so I decided to keep everybody inside.

Scoop.  Dump.  Repeat.  I seriously think if I had let him stay out there to play, he would've stayed out there for an hour!

OK.  So.  I'm a bad mom, but a good blogger.  Nate started complaining that his hands were cold (gee...maybe you shouldn't have been doing snow angels) and he wanted to go in.  He started whining.  I told him I wanted to take a picture and he sobbed that he wanted to go inside.  I told him if he let me take a picture I'd let him go inside.  As soon as he got in and stripped off his wet, cold clothes, I made him a cup of hot cocoa with extra marshmallows and he was all better.

It's supposed to start warming up a bit (if you consider 35* warmer) and I'm looking forward anxiously for Spring.  We're seeing more of the sun and though it looks warmer, it's still only supposed to get to 42* by the end of the weekend. 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Brr! -18* is cold no matter where you live (except maybe the North and South Poles' surrounding areas), but 42* sounds great to me!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing my grandsons and Sol too!

Myya said...

LOVE that picture of Nate. Perfect timing on that one! If are a bad mama for that pic then I am guilty too. My oldests first snow outting she slid on her belly & couldn't get up. I ran to get the camera befor helping her up. It was the funniest picture. I should try & find it. hee hee.

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Love the kitteh! I'd send you warm weather but we don't have any?! :P So I'm wishing you warm weather instead. :D

Unknown said...

haha! poor nate!



Mason looks adorable all bundled up =)

Copyboy said...

Not sure of what I'm more jealous of – the dusting of snow or the slightly pudgy cat.

Emily said...

LOVE the jumping picture of Nate.

sara said...

Love the pic of Nate jumping. And Mason all bundled up is the cutest!!

SilhouetteScreams said...

LOL 'fat blob' XD

I wish we had snow here, we've been suffering from a humidity wave despite the cyclone up North :(

Emmy said...

Lol Love it "bad mom but good blogger"! And yes I think we have all taken pictures or done things that would be good for the blog :)

Cute pictures!