Thursday, October 13, 2011

Awesomeness *pic heavy*

Good morning, Kitschies!!!  I'm baaaaaack...for reals this time.  LOL  My bestie's hubs un-exploded (read: fixed) my computer and now I have access to the internets at home again!  And now I can get back to blogging.  Yay!  I can't believe it's been so long since I actually posted - my, how time flies.  I have sooo many manis and recipes to share with you - it was hard to pick what I'd come back with!

I have a gorgeous polish to share with you today.  I picked this beauty up at Dollar Tree a YEAR ago and it sat in my Helmer until about August.  After wearing it, I do NOT know how I let it sit there that long.  It. is. awesomeness.  And though I wore it in the dog days of Summer, it really reminds me of Fall.

It looks like your basic red shimmer in this flash pic, but let me assure you, it is nowhere near basic.

This, my friends, is SH Nail Prisms in Amber Ruby.  It is a duochrome (multichrome?) that starts off red, then flashes amber.

Just an FYI: I did not manipulate the colors in these pics at all.  The only thing I did was crop them a bit and slapped on the blog name.  This is just how full of awesomeness this polish truly is.  This (and the previous pic) was taken in indirect sunlight.

In bright sunlight, the red comes through more than the gold, but you can still see a hint of the amber shining through.

At the right angle, you can get the amber to just glow when it's in bright, direct sunlight.  No matter what color you see, it's awesomeness.  I'm sorry...did I just say that again?

 Clouded sunlight.  LOVE this polish.  I seriously don't know why I waited so long.  I can tell you that the bottle has not been shoved back in to my Helmer - it's been sitting on my computer desk to remind me of it's awesomeness.

I know this pic is a little blurry, but I liked how it shows both the amber and a touch of the ruby, more of a bronzed ruby, really.

This is easily the best find I've made at Dollar Tree.  AND...it came in a pack with another polish, so really, this only cost me 50-cents!  SCORE!!!  Have you had any great finds like this at Dollar Tree?

Like I said, I'm WAY behind in prepping pics and posting.  If there's a color you'd like to see next, please, let me know.  I think I have a bit of everything waiting patiently for me.

10 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Gorgeous color!!!!! So glad your computer is back up and running :)

Robin said...

I love that color!!!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Color me TOTALLY impressed!

Jen said...

Whoa this is flipping gorgeous!!! I have a Nail Prisms polish, I think in Opal...I'll have to dig it out! Thanks for the inspiration! Oh...and welcome back!!

Debra Hawkins said...

I love your manicures, but I am actually going to go out and look for this polish. I think I have to have it. I painted my nails for the first time in months the other day, it made me think of you!

AmyGrace said...

Woah, unbelievable. ♥ Looks really great on you!

Nail Nerd said...

Yeah that is totally not a 50 cent look, holy moly look at that color go!

Impulsive Addict said...

Awww...I'm dreaming of beautiful nails now.

I have to say that I've never ever seen nail polish for $.50 before. Wow! Good for you!

GothamPolish said...

*waves hi* Oh em gee what a find!!! It's perfect fall goodness.

Danielle said...

looks awesome on you, way to go with the picks, you captured it beautifully :)