Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm a Rock Star!

Good morning, Kitschies! I hope you had a fantabulous weekend. Mine started off swimmingly - the bestie and I went out for a girls night out and let me tell you...we worked it! We hit 3 different bars, got drinks bought for us and got home around 2 in the morning. Now, that may not be a big deal to you youngins, but to this old lady, that's a BIG deal. LOL We had so much fun! Thank you, Mz Zombie for a great night out! The rest of the weekend was spent doing things around the house (chores - joy) and I did a little baking for the peeps at the office. They got THIS and I don't mean to toot my own horn, but WOW! This stuff is awesome.

Anyway...I have another mani for you today that I wore back in mid August (yes, I'm *that* far behind - I told you!).  This mani reminds me of a rock star for some reason, hence the title of the post.

I started with a couple coats of SH Complete Manicure in Midnight in NY.  I drew two diagonal lines creating almost a triangle with a red glitter striping polish.  I closed out the triangle with a red star rhinestone.

It was cute like that, but I added a bit of sparkle with some black glitter acrylic paint between the two red lines.  I liked how this turned out but I was kinda disappointed how long the rhinestones last.  Or, rather, didn't last.  I applied them like usual (push them in to the still-tacky polish then cover with top coat) but they fell off within a day!

And it's not like the stars were pointy - they were rather rounded at the tips.  So I don't know what made them come off so fast!!

So, what do you think?  Are these rock star worthy?

OH!  And another thing...I used Revlon Grape Fizz this morning as an accent nail and oh em gee.  It's really pretty but that shite STINKS!!  It is so sweet smelling - it made me nauseous.  They lasted about 2 hours on my nails and thank jeebus I had acetone at the office because there was NO way I was going to last the whole day with that stuff on my nails. 

5 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Definitely Rock Star!!

Unknown said...

So great!!
I love it!

Myya said...

Love the nails but what I love even more is that you totally rocked it for us not so young ladies. YAY for free drinks!!!

Alex said...

It looks awesome!!!

Nail Nerd said...

These look so great, you're a rockstar! :)