Thursday, October 20, 2011

Inspiration

Good day, Kitschies!  I hope your week is flying by and you're as productive as you want to be.  I did not want to come in to work today.  Not at all.  And for good reason.  It's super-de-duper slow today.  Like, we had six patients between two doctors this morning.  *yawn*  Luckily the afternoon has filled in a bit and it looks like I'll actually have something to do.  In the meantime, I decided to give you a post.

I finally sat down last night and prepped pictures.  I now have enough pics for 10 posts.  10 posts!  And I'm still not caught up!  ANYWAY...I have had this mani sitting in my pending folder for months.  I was inspired by a (ex)coworker's scrub top.  I find inspiration in the strangest places sometimes. 

I started with a base coat of ChG For Audrey then I water marbled that with ChG Goin' My Way (brown) and SH White On.

Wow.  I'm horrible at taking pics of my right hand.  LOL  I like how this marble came out pretty consistent - with the exception of my right thumb.

My left thumb pattern was my fave out of the group.

And, in contrast, the right thumb was my least favorite.  You can't win them all, right?  LOL

Here's a little better pic of my right hand.  Good thing I don't have to take pics of that on a regular basis!

And a pretty sunlight pic for you.

I know I say it every time, but I think this is my favorite marble to date.  I have another marble hanging out in the pending folder - I'll get to it eventually. 

I want to do another marble (maybe for Halloween?) but I'm horrible at pairing/matching colors.  So, here's your homework: give me color combos to try!!  Please!

I'm off to eat lunch.  Hope you have a fantabulous day.  I'll be back soon with some Friday Confessionals.  It's been a while!

13 comments:

Emily said...

I love the mod feel to this one. I think you should try a purple, green, and orange one for Halloween.

Unknown said...

Orange, Black, & White!

Jenprewitt said...

this turned out AWESOME!!! i did a lime green, black and purple for a halloween marble. :)

nihrida said...

This is amazing! One of the best marble color combo I've seen so far. You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

those are awesome!! how did you do that?!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

White, orange, and yellow like candy corn - of course!

Unknown said...

Oh my gorgeous! I thought you had hand-painted the flowerish motif... LOVE it!

cathryn said...

oh gosh i LOVE the color combination! this is beautiful (=

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!
I love this mani!

Unknown said...

awesome !

Nail Nerd said...

Yowza these look great, you got it all so uniform and lovely!

Jen said...

Oh wow! I love that color combo!!

Myya said...

I always love your marbles, they are always my favorite! Hmmm colors for Halloween... maybe Lime green & Purple or good old Orange, Black & white??