Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fit It With Tape!

Good morning, Kitschies!  It's Wednesday...even though my mind keeps telling me it's only Tuesday.  I got some good Mommy-Son time yesterday afternoon with Nate.  We got to go to the park (he was *so* excited about that) and we played some MarioKart.  He's back at school today (for reals this time) and even though he wasn't quite as excited this morning, he skipped off to his classroom, so I guess he had a change of heart.  Mason is doing really well without his binkies - I'm glad we finally took that step.  Now it's time to get serious about potty training; wish us luck!

This mani was inspired by Nailside and her *awesome* tape mani.  She does the best tape manis...I can only try to live up to her example and for my first attempt, I think I did OK. 

As soon as I saw THIS explosion mani, I knew I had to try it.  I wasn't brave enough to try the 2-tone yet, so I settled with a single explosion.

I started with a base of Cult Nails My Kind of CoolAid (original post *here*).  For the explosions, I used Zoya Posh.  Posh is a gorgeous red matte, but I didn't want matte explosions on top of a shiny base so I used ChG Fast Forward to shine it all up.



I had a bit of shrinkage but I really liked the end result, especially for my first try.  Oh, and if you haven't picked up Zoya Posh, you might wanna grab it because it was not available for about a year and who knows how long it'll be around this time!

Here's a close up of my best explosion.  LOL  I definitely have some room for improvement, but I like it!

Have you tried a tape mani?  What do you think?  Wanna give it a go?

5 comments:

Robyn said...

You did an awesome job and I love the colour combo! I just trimmed all my nails super short, but when they've grown I'll be trying this again!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Very pretty. I look forward to seeing you give the two tone a try.

Myya said...

I'd love for someone to come do it for me... does that count? :)

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

Lovely mani! I just stumbled upon your blog and all of your nail looks are phenomenal. Good luck with the potty training. I just started with my daughter. *sigh* not going as planned. ;)

SilhouetteScreams said...

I just went and looked at her original blog post, and OMG she is so intricate with all the tape! Both yours and hers look great, but I am far too lazy for that XD