Friday, January 6, 2012

Funky Ahoy!

Good morning, Kitschies!  It's Friday.  Finally.  How is it the short weeks feel longer than the regular weeks?  It's been quite tumultuous at the clinic the last few days - makes me wonder what's in store for us over the next year.  Or maybe I'd rather just be surprised.

I have a mani to share with you today that's been sitting in my "waiting to post" folder for a while.  How long?  I have no idea.  No clue.  Either way, it's a good one.  I was in a Funky French phase for a while and this was a product of that phase.

This is ChG Ahoy! from their Summer 2011 collection.  I only picked up 3 from this collection (Ahoy!, Starboard and White Cap) and this is the one that stood out the most to me.  Above pic taken with flash.

I love, love, LOVE this color!  It's a raspberry jelly with raspberry shimmer.  I think Ahoy! and Strawberry Fields are my ultimate favorite ChG colors.  I liked Ahoy! on the tips alone but I can't ever leave well enough alone, so I used my black striping polish to line between the polish and my nail beds.

In the direct sunlight, you can really see more of the shimmer in Ahoy! and here you can see that my nail beds aren't completely nekkid.  LOL  I used a base coat (Nail Life Gripper) and top coat (ChG Fast Forward).


And one more picture for good measure.  This was taken in indirect sunlight.  I love Ahoy! no matter what light it's in. :)

I'm off to get some work done.  I have a feeling it's going to be a busy day.  I wish you all a great weekend and I'll ya'll next week!

4 comments:

Nail Designs xox said...

I love this, its so pretty!

Robyn said...

So pretty! I love funky frenches!

Myya said...

I am a sucker for a french tip. GORG!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Pretty pretty! I love a different take on a french mani. :)