Monday, January 9, 2012

Marble Madness

Happy Monday, Kitschies!  I hope you had a good weekend.  I started my weekend a few hours early as the hubs had his office holiday party Friday afternoon/evening.  I also had derby practice that night.  It was such a small group that night, but we had FUN!  We played games the whole "practice" but we still got a good workout.  Then Saturday and Sunday were spent getting caught up on chores and stuff around the house.  Nate got to go to one of his schoolmate's birthday parties.  OH!  And I made some caramel corn (maybe, if you're lucky, I'll post about that one later)...and it was goooood.

I have a water marble to share with you today that I can't decide whether I like it or not.  I don't hate it, it's just not one of my favorites.

I *love* the colors, but the execution wasn't as great as I wanted it to be.  The black seemed to bleed a little in to the pink.  The colors?  Zoya Elke and SH Black Out.  Elke looks more red than this in the bottle, but it's a really pretty red-toned pink with a really pretty gold shimmer.

This is my right hand.  I had a hard time getting good pics of this marble for some reason.  Seeing these pics makes me want to give this one another shot.

My index finger was my favorite out of all my fingers.  I like this pic because of the lighting - even though it doesn't show the water marble all that much.

They can't all be winners and it's not a complete failure because it *is* a water marble.  I haven't used Elke for a mani since this - maybe I'll give her a chance to be beautiful on her own.  Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Another beautiful mani! Love the colors - both classic and bold.

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

Love it. I have yet to try marbling.... seems like a lot of prep work and I always have little sticky hands trying to grab whatever I'm doing. ;) Thanks for the post. Your nails are beautiful!

Emmy said...

Oh yes please post the Carmel corn recipe! And I think you are just too hard on your self- it looks great!

cathryn said...

i love the contrast, its stunning!

Myya said...

Ohhh fun an office party. I haven't been to one in soooo long!
Mmm carmel corn... how is it in calories? I'm being good... totally SUCKS!

KarenD said...

The black bled like that in the water? That's not from topcoat? Hmm, maybe that SH and the Zoya don't get along and a different black would be better behaved. I do very much like the contrast in this!

SilhouetteScreams said...

I love this colour combo for marbling, strange that the black bled though. Then again I know next to nothing about marbling myself ;]