Thursday, January 26, 2012

Once Upon A Time...

Good morning, Kitschies!  It's shaping up to be another busy day, so I'm going to put together this post while I can.

WAAAAAYYYY back in October, Mason and I took a road trip to Cali to visit my family.  It was time for the annual Walk to Defeat ALS (I walked, well, skated) in support of my Mom who was diagnosed with ALS over 10 years ago.  While I was visiting, I had to make a trip to their brand new Ulta to see what was up for grabs.  I was happy to find two great polishes.  But first, let's look at what I wore *out* there.


I started my trip to Cali with a holo, albeit not a strong holo, but a holo nonetheless.  I mean, how can you visit the Sunshine State without sporting a holo on your tips?!  This is 3D Fantasy from the ChG Tronica collection.  It's a really pretty coral-y pink with a quiet linear holo.

On our Ulta excursion, I lucked out and found L'Oreal Owl's Night from the Project Runway collaboration.  I loved this polish.  Super dark but it has a warm copper glow to it.  So, so pretty!  I haven't worn this since but you can bet it'll see good rotation through my collection.


I also found Skyscraper from ChG Metro collection.  It was the first time I had seen this collection and this was the only one that really jumped at me.  I did two coats of this pretty navy blue jelly with silver glitter (except for the middle finger where I obviously did 3).  This one didn't wear so great on me - I had some big chips within two days. 

Seeing these pics makes me really miss my *long* nails.  While the nubbins are more manageable, I like the way the long ones look.

OK...time to put my skates on...things are ramping up here.  Have a great Thursday and don't forget to enter my giveaway (you only have a few days left).

5 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

You seriously choose all the fabulous colors! Do you ever blog about one that you don't like or you think is ugly? If so, I've never seen it. They're always so pretty!

Nail Nerd said...

ooooo I've not seen Owl's Night around here but it's lovely! And totally feel you on the nails -- the shorties are less trouble, but if only they were just a little bit longer again... soon, soon... ;-) ps hope you stuffed your face with burritos while you were in Cali!!!

Emmy said...

My pinky nail always seems to be long- but the others not as much. Have fun skating!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Cute colors! That's a nice assortment of shades to add to your stash.

Myya said...

I'm with Impulsive Addict your nails NEVER look bad! :)