Thursday, January 5, 2012

Give Me Some Lovin'

Good day, Kitschies!  It's been an up and down, roller coaster kind of day.  I got to read my book for more than two solid hours last night = good.  Nate woke up in a *bad* mood this morning = bad.  Mason screamed on and off for the entire 45 minute car ride to daycare this morning = bad.  Got to go to lunch with the hubs = good.  Bad prognosis for a long-time patient of ours = bad.  Helped a co-worked get caught up on referrals and such = good.  *sigh*  I'm ready for bed!!

I have a really pretty polish to share with you today.  This came out with a Summer collection and I don't think it got the attention it deserved in the blogosphere, so I'm giving it a little love.

This beauty is Orly Rock Solid from this summer's Mineral FX collection.  It is a gorgeous charcoal glittery base with scattered micro holo glitter.  This one is a stunner and it's hard to truly capture it's true appearance.

It's pretty on it's own, but I had just gotten the new BM plates for my birthday, so I used the snakeskin full nail image (BM 209) with SH Black Out for a subtle effect.

I like how this one looked a little darker in artificial light and a little lighter in sunlight.  Either way, those little micro holo particles glittered!

Here's the obligatory blurry shot to show the holo micro glitter.  Yeah, I know.  These pics make my eyes hurt, but they're so pretty!  LOL

Sure...the other polishes in this collection were pretty, but this was the only one that jumped out at me.  And I'm a little disappointed it didn't get the lovin' I think it deserves. 

What do you think of Rock Solid?  Do you own it?  Do you want it?  I know I've seen this at Ulta within the last month or so...maybe, if you're lucky, you can find it in one of the clearance bins now. 

7 comments:

GothamPolish said...

Aw I totally hear you with the days that have highs and lows... they are emotionally draining! There's nothing like a rockin' holo to get you through :)

A Polished Touch said...

Beautiful. Glad you gave this polish some credit.

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

If I spend 30 minutes digging deep, I bet I have this one. However, I'm more than happy to enjoy your mani of it.

Don't you hate those rides where you didn't even buy a ticket for them?

Myya said...

WOW that is a pretty full day! I think it is something in the air, my girls are "off" today too.

LOOOVE anything sparkly!

Copyboy said...

Sparkly fishnets from outer space. At least that's what I see.

Impulsive Addict said...

I LOVE IT! It looks great! I need to venture out and try some of your polishes. I just have boring red on right now.

SilhouetteScreams said...

Oh lawd, if this were an eyeshadow....*gazes longingly*