Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grab A Button (read: I did it!)

Good evening, Kitschies!  This doesn't really fit in any of the scheduled days, and I'm so proud of myself for doing this, I just *had* to share it with you!

For a long while now, I've been wanting a button for my blog.  You know...those cute little pics that link right to your blog?  Well, I finally got up the courage to try to make one.

Kitschy Suburbia

Taaadaaaah!  It's not *exactly* what I wanted, but it's not bad considering I've never done something like this before and I'm not exactly the most computer-literate person in the universe.  In other words: if I can do it...YOU can do it!  But I didn't do it alone...oh, no!  I had help.  Lots of help.  The wonderful and very wise Lu, partner over at Housewife Eclectic, posted two button-making tutorials.  Part 1 can be found HERE and part 2 can be found HERE.  Miss Lu also has her own blog, just Lu, which just happens to be one of my favorite blogs, too!

So, if you want to make your very own bloggy button, please check out those awesome tutorials!  And please...spread the love and grab one of my pretty green buttons (the link is in the top right corner of my page)!!

OK.  Well...that took longer than I expected.  I'm tired and my hands are darn cold.  I think I'm going to run a bath to warm up and then I'm going to curl up in bed with Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance by Atul Gawande and hopefully finish it off tonight.

10 comments:

Wendi_ThroatPunch said...

YAY!

Emmy said...

Very cute!! Great job. I made my button long ago and it doesn't match my blog at all.. but a lot of people have it, so I don't dare change it now as then I would have to tell everyone to get my new button instead

Myya said...

Great job! I don't know that I'd be able to do one, I got one made for me though so I don't have to YAY! I added it :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Cool!! I'm glad you figured it out. I'm going to grab your button right now!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I gotta on my blog. :) And I want to make one too. Let's see if I can use enough brain cells to work through the tutorial.

sara said...

Hooray! It turned out great!!

Unknown said...

It looks GREAT! Very well done.

Recalcitrant Nails said...

It is SO YOU and even more so because you made it. Very cool! :)

Impulsive Addict said...

I just totally stalked your blog! So not only are you creative, your a good cook with funky nails! HA! Love it! I need to go read some more.

Thanks for commenting today!

Unknown said...

I added your button =) The blog looks so cute!