Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Make Mine Midori

How's *that* for some alliteration?  LOL  Good Wednesday, Kitschies!  I hope you're making it through your work week without too much trouble.  It's been another busy day in the neighborhood.  I'm tellin ya - this EMR program is going to be the death of me!  Once we get it all set up the way the docs want, it'll be fine - I know it will.  But in the meantime, do you know how many times the docs come up to me on a daily basis because they want me to fix this or tweak that?  So tiring!  I told one of the docs this morning that I was going to install an invisible fence in the hall so he couldn't come down and talk to me about the program any more.  How mean am I?

I got tons of awesome stuffs for Christmas.  Some of those stuffs were nail polish.  And not just *any* nail polish...Zoya nail polish!  My mom cashed in on the Color Lock System promotion and picked up some of my lemming colors.  I threw two of them together for this mani.

These beauties are Midori and Tallulah.  They're so, so pretty!!  Midori is a "glowing medium apple green with yellow undertones and strong gold shimmer".  Yep.  Spot on description, Zoya.  And Tallulah is a "medium electric cobalt blue with fine bright aqua shimmer".  Now, this one, I don't completely agree with.  I'd definitely call it electric blue, but when I think of cobalt blue, I think of a deeper, richer blue.  Either way, it's a gorgeous color. 

This was my first (of 3!) zebra stripe manis I did within the span of about a week.  I wore this mani for New Years.  I didn't do anything exciting other than playing Beatles RockBand with the hubs to ring in the new year, but it was fun to have bright nails anyway.

This pic was taken indoors with flash.  Look at all that gold shimmer with the green!!  You can even see the blue/teal shimmer in the blue.  LOVE!

Both of these colors just glow!  I got quite a few compliments with this mani.  The one thing I would do differently next time is to stick with the black acrylic paint for the stripes.  The white was just a little too stark for my liking.

Outdoors in direct, bright sun.  These colors are really more summery, but if you're like me, you're ready for a bit of spring!  The weather here in NM has been really nice for the last week, but of course we're going to be back in the 30s tomorrow.  *shiver*

So...what do you think?  Are Midori and Tallulah keepers?  I was afraid I wouldn't like the green but that gorgeous gold shimmer just makes it for me.

15 comments:

The Preppy Student said...

Midori is simply stunning

Unknown said...

So fun. Love the Midori. Green often looks just witchy but I think it looks phenomenal!

I totally support the invisible fence plan :)

Myya said...

I love all of your manis, even the ones you don't. I want pretty nails again... hmmm maybe one day when my all my kids are out of diapers & I can justify going & getting them done lol.
Ok so when I first saw the title of this post it totally made me want a Madori Sour. YUM, doesn't that sound soooo good? I haven't had one in years!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I prefer Tallulah which is sort of strange since green is my favorite color. I do like the zebra mani!!

polish lava said...

how cuttee! I plan on getting both of those for the exchange on earth day!

Penny said...

o.0 NEED THOSE.

Beautiful mani, as usual!

DistantDreamer said...

I really love the Midori zebra look! So cute!

Kimberly said...

Oh, Man, YES they are keepers! I'm so loving Zoya right now. And you are making the cutest zebra stripes!

Copyboy said...

Show the docs your nails and I bet they'll get in line.

Schla.mp3 said...

great blog followed! check out my blog at www.samboism.blogspot.com

nice nails :)

cathryn said...

VERY cute!!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS mani, I absolutely adore Midori!

Tempera said...

Keepers! Very shiny, I like the white on the blue.

nail crazy said...

i love both color :-)
if you don't want to keep them - give them to me lol

sara said...

The fast that they have so much dimension makes them! If they were flat colors, I think they'd be too...just too!