Monday, January 24, 2011

Is Change in the Air?

Good morning, Kitschies!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  We didn't do anything too exciting or out of the ordinary...just the usual chores and a trip to the park for the boys.  I did make 3 new recipes between Friday and Sunday night and they were all good, so it was a pretty productive weekend for me.

I'm considering changing things up a big on my blog.  No, I'm not going away.  I'm not planning on posting any less.  It's just more of a structural change and I'd like your input.  Instead of haphazardly posting manis and recipes and an occasional family update, I think I'm going to theme each day.  Here's what I have in mind:

Mani Monday: It's pretty much self-explanatory.  Manis, nail art, etc. 

Tasty Tuesday: New recipe(s).

Workout Wednesday: I've done this before but it didn't last very long.  I was talking to my hubs about sectioning off my blog and I brought this up for Wednesday.  His response?  "I dare you."   Is that supposed to be supportive?  LOL  Either way, I'm going to slowly start an exercise program and post my trial and error as far as that goes.  I'll also post healthy recipes and tips to help lose weight (specifically: fat) and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Thursday Spotlight: It took me a while to come up with something for Thursday.  My hubs suggested "new media", but we don't get enough new media (unless you count comic books) to warrant a post a week, so I thought about spotlighting things like websites I like to visit, or a product that I love or a book I've read and really liked. 


Flashback/Family Friday: I really enjoy linking up with Christopher & Tia: Flashback Friday, so why not make it a point to do it?  And if I don't have anything fun to share there, I'll use the post as a chance to update on my family (I started this blog as a way to chronicle my boys' growing up and it deviated from that pretty fast). 

So...what do YOU think?  Do you think this will make the blog more user-friendly or might it make it too chopped up?  I love doing my blog, but sometimes it gets a little tedious to come up with something randomly new every day.  This way I have a week to work on each specific "theme".  I read (and respond when possible) to all my comments, so please let me know what you think!

9 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

For me, having days gave me something to blog about. I have tried to not get stuck in a rut, so I mostly stick with Tasty Tuesdays, WOW by Lorene, and Photo Thursdays. I think this can be really helpful to your blogging mojo, just don't let yourself get stressed out by it like I have at some times.

sara said...

Sounds great. I've been thinking about trying to get a little more structured too. I usually do Wordless Wednesday and almost always try to do The Red Dress Club writing prompt on Friday, but the other days can get a little wonky. Once you get going, let me know how you like it.

DesertNails8 said...

Sounds good! I think I'll like reading Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the best. I think the Friday plan is good to prompt me (or you) to taking more pictures (okay some pictures because I'm not taking any now!) Great ideas!

Danielle said...

sounds great! I would have preferred more nail related posts, but looking forward to your new posting structure :)

Sonne said...

Your plan sounds very good! :) I think it is more clear to make themed posts.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Variety is the spice of life. I think the structure will be great! So far the only definite day I have is Wednesdays - and sometimes I almost forget about that - lol!

shortmama said...

Sounds like a great idea! I have a hard enough time posting at all these days!

Emmy said...

I know I tried something like this once, where certain days were always certain things and I got sick of it. I guess I felt too constrained. It definitely helped at first and gave me something to blog about, but in the end I said forget it..though I do often do certain things on certain days. :)

Myya said...

I am one of those bloggers that is lucky if I can manage to get a couple posts a week so for you to be able to do one every day... well, I am just jealous! :) I'll read whatever you post because I like ya! :)