Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Red HOT

Happy Tuesday, Kitschies!  I hope you enjoyed your day.  Things are starting to wind down here at my house and that's my favorite time of day.  The boys are in bed.  The hubs is at the grocery store and then will be at Planet Ego tonight.  I get the house to myself.  And it's quiet.  So nice!  Today was pretty busy at the clinic.  The front desk was a little short handed and I, being the good employee that I am, offered to lend a hand.  It was nonstop from when I got there until lunch.  To top it off, I managed to irritate my elbow playing Lightsaber Duels on the Wii with the hubs this weekend.  A couple adjustments and a kinesio taping later, it's feeling ok, but it's still bugging me.  See...this is why people over 30 should not play video games.  LOL

*ah hem*  Anyway.  It's anything but HOT here in Albuquerque.  It's 28* right now and it's just going to get colder.  I'm all for Winter, but this, my friends, is ridiculous.  To show you how utterly unprepared Albuquerque is for the cold weather...39 public schools had water pipes break over the holidays.  Yep, 39.  That's all but 3 of the schools in the district!  Good for you, Albuquerque!  Good for you.  However, this color is sure to kick it up a degree or two.

A while back, I decided I *needed* to find a red jelly.  I have very few jelly polishes and after seeing somebody post a knockout red, I had to find one.  But it couldn't be just any red.  It had to be a jelly.  I wandered over to Walgreens while on lunch one day on a quest to find *the* red jelly.  The checker at the cosmetics counter checked on me more than a couple times to see if she could help me find anything.  I told her I was looking for a bright red jelly polish and asked if she could recommend any.  She looked at me like I was speaking some weird foreign language.  You know, it always strikes me as odd when you ask a specific beauty-related question to somebody who works in the "industry" and they have no idea what you're talking about.  So, after opening I don't know how many red polishes, I found what I was looking for (in a place I wasn't really expecting).


This is Wet n Wild Caught Red Handed.  Love the name for this polish.  This is a super glossy red jelly, plain and simple.  I don't know why I have a tendency to look past WnW - they've come a long way since the early days.  The formula on this was great and so was the wear.


I LOVE this color!  Bright red.  Glossy.  Hot.  Sexy.  Ignore the VNL because it wasn't that obvious IRL.  I think most jellies tend to show more VNL when photographed with flash.  I wore this after the time change so getting a natural light picture is difficult.


HAWT!  This is the most color accurate photo out of the group.  I got lots of compliments on this mani.  It was so super shiny - I didn't use a topcoat until a day or two later.  The wear was really good - I got at least 3 days out of it.


Proof that some things should just be left alone!  What you see here is an attempt (and fail) at stamping.  Needless to say, I promptly took this off and started over again. 

This weekend, Chris from Lacquer Wear for Tips and Toes tagged me for a fun little fact session.
 
Here are the rules: Mention 15 facts and tag 5 other bloggers. 
 
#1 We have two cats: Sol & Luna.  Sol was "adopted" by my hubs when he lived in NC.  Luna was gifted to me for my birthday about 7 years ago.  They are the laziest things I know.
#2 One of my knees has a tendency to hyperextend.  Not fun.  It kept me out of the Air Force.
#3 I joined the Air Force but got kicked out (see interesting fact #2).
#4 My favorite big screen actor is Johnny Depp.  I love everything he's done.  Everything.  Except Secret Window.
#5 I love music.  Pretty much all music.  But I don't love my hubs' taste in music sometimes. 
#6 I used to be in marching band.  In "college" (jr college, but who's counting) I knew the music so well, I covered for other instruments (on my piccolo) when they'd drop a phrase.
#7 My favorite Christmas gift as a child was a record player.  Yes.  A record player.
#8 I've never seen the video of the Twin Towers falling and I hope I never do.
#9 I love to cook but hate to clean up.
#10 When I first started working in a doctor's office, we kept the schedule on paper books and didn't have a computer anywhere other than the billing office.
#11 I'm allergic to bananas.  And latex.  Did you know those allergies are related?
#12 My blood type is B negative; neither of my parents are Rh negative.
#13 I get in to phases where I'll do something hardcore and then I won't touch it for a long time.
#14 I made up a song to sing to my boys when they go to bed at night.
#15 I have 13 tubes of lipgloss/lipstick in my purse.  And they're all pretty much the same color.
 
And now...the tags...

9 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

That's definitely your color!!
Didn't know that banana and latex allergies are related - odd. I hope you never see the video of the Twin Towers falling :(

Copyboy said...

I knew how hot the post was going to get when I saw the title. Hey you're Wii skills are about the same as mine.

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'm excited to be tagged. You have some awesome fifteen facts to follow! The Air Force? And did your negative blood type ever make you think maybe you were adopted? ;)

Robyn said...

That red is gorgeous! Stupid about the SA in Walgreens. You should get business cards with your blog on to give to people so they can get a clue :)

Danielle said...

lol on the sale asociate, I know what you mean, I HATE that sort of thing. VERY nice colour though! it looks like it has a hint of orange too.

nail crazy said...

lovely polish :-)
I'm glad that your schools aren't better than those in Croatia ... we still have not fired pipes in such a large scale :-D
...but woman, air force? do you ever wonder how your life would looked if you stayed ther?
I bet that we would read about the new models of aircraft in the U.S. Air Force :-)
still,i'm just glad that you're here with us :-D

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Love that red on you.

SilhouetteScreams said...

"You know, it always strikes me as odd when you ask a specific beauty-related question to somebody who works in the "industry" and they have no idea what you're talking about." - STORY OF MY LIFE :|

Also, LOL did you have to go to a doctor for your elbow? I imagine it would awkward explaining what happened XD

Myya said...

Sometimes red is the only way to go :) Loved the Q&A, those were fun!