Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Confessional: Bowling, Boys & Baskin Robins Edition

TGIF!!  And super TGIF at that since it's a 3-day weekend!!  WOOT!!  This week has flown by and dragged all at the same time.  My docs have been out since Wednesday and it's giving me lots of time to get caught up on this (other than just blog-hopping and FBing).  But, it wouldn't be the end of the week if I didn't participate in the weekly Friday Confessional session.  Join me, won't ya?




Photobucket


I confess...
I had a lot of fun with Nate's class on Wednesday.  They went bowling and they had a blast!!  Nate was all proud of his score of 55.  And he admitted that it was a lot harder than he expected (he's used to cleaning up playing Wii bowling).

I confess...
I love that our summer visitor (a barn owl Nate named Sugar) came back to visit.  But...I *don't* love the mess Sugar leaves us on the driveway and the rocks under the tree.


I confess...
I'm frustrated with how easily Mr Mason picks up sicknesses.  Last week it was a 24-hour stomach bug thing.  This week it's hand, foot and mouth disease.  His pediatrician called it a "summer illness".  Keeping him out of daycare for a year didn't do him any favors.

I confess...
After Mason's appointment this afternoon, we went to Baskin Robins for some yummy ice cream.  It *may* have been more for me than him, but he was happy, so Mommy was happy.


I confess...
I'm looking forward to 4th of July but I'm going to be on pins and needles because it's SUPER dry here.  The last measurable moisture we got was February 2nd.  FEBRUARY 2ND!  And people here in New Mexico are stupid and don't care if they set the mesa on fire.  We have two big wildfires going in the state right now and I have a feeling that number will have grown by next week.

I confess...
I'm super stoked to wear a polish that an ex-fellow blogger sent me to try.  It's sparkly and such a pretty color.  But I have to wait til after the 4th cuz I have at least another RW&B mani I want to do first.

...and I saved the best for last...

I confess...
On Wednesday evening when I was driving home from work, this lady driving a fancy BMW drove by me.  You could tell she was mad about something.  We met up at the light and she rolled down her window and she SCREAMED at me for...get this...driving the speed limit (from what I could tell by reading her lips).  I just looked at her with a huge smile on my face and waved at her all crazy.  And it felt good.  I told Nate too keep looking at her and if she looked over at us again to be sure to wave to her, too.

I feel lots better! Wanna feel better, too? Check out Mamarazzi's blog for more great Friday Confessional stories.

8 comments:

sara said...

That's hilarious...I do that too. When people are all crazy, I just smile and wave and it never fails to crack me up!

I keep meaning to ask you too, if you've seen the previews for the new TV Guide channel show Nail Files. Every time I see them I think of you!

Stephy said...

Hand, foot, & mouth is a pain in the butt! I worked at a day care once & they had a big out break. No fun! I am so sorry!

Impulsive Addict said...

How cute is that pic of Mason!?!

DRIVING THE SPEED LIMIT? How dare you!?! I would have waved at her alright....with my middle finger. I'm ugly like that.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Debra Hawkins said...

For driving the speed limit! What the heck!?!?! What stupid people. We were having the same problem with the dry here in Texas but we just got hit with a tropical storm yesterday, so hopefully that will help our small area of Texas, that rest is still in a lot of danger.

Unknown said...

Way to quell road rage! I am impressed. Driving is one area of life that I REALLY hope karma pays attention to...

K Lind said...

I'm with Impulsive Addict. I'd have waved to her with my middle finger too!
I love me some Baskin Robbins. YUM!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a cute picture of Nate bowling and Mason enjoying his ice cream! I confess....I miss you all terribly :(

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Waaaiiiighahahahaha! I L.O.V.E. pissy drivers and smiling and waving at them. Its like they're begging to make my day - and they do. I started laughing when I read that.

I confess that I had a lot of fun making the franken. And an even bigger confession is I had even more fun deciding who to contact and just giving them away than I EVER would have swatching/photographing/blogging on them myself. What a fabulous feeling!

Here's to your weekend staying fire free and hope it ROCKS!