Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Want To Love Her

Good day, Kitschies!  It's Thursday.  Finally.  Why does the week following a 3-day weekend always feel like it lasts longer than a usual week?  It's been busy here at the clinic but luckily, I've had enough time to keep up on all my blog reading.  I've been cheating and getting most of my posts done the night before.  When do you read your blogs?  When do you prepare them?

I have a cute mani for you today.  I did this way back when ChG released their first run of crackle polishes. 


I started with a base of Zoya Savita, a gorgeous royal purple matte.  But I have a problem with this...it's matte.  I *want* to love matte polishes, I really do, but I just...don't.  I love this color with a top coat, it's a beautiful shimmery purple.  But I know that's not the way it's supposed to be.  So, to help this mani, I decided to draw a design on the matte finish with a shiny top coat.  While I liked how this looked, I just couldn't get with the whole matte finish.  I think I wore this for a day then I picked up some ChG crackle polishes and fixed this ho-hum mani.

This is ChG Broken Hearted over Zoya Savita.  I liked the way the pink contrasted with the dark purple underneath. 

And I like how the patterns of the cracks depends on how thick (or light) you apply the polish.

For some reason, the thumb on my right hand got a diagonal crack - cool because it was so different from all the other fingers.  I remember wearing this for quite a few days and I got lots of compliments on it, too.

Thanks to the bestie for letting me "borrow" this, though I don't know that she even knows that I used it before I gave it to her.  Shhhh!

7 comments:

Copyboy said...

Love the second one. Dawn of the delicious! You can use that line if you want.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I agree, I don't really like the matte either.

The Peach said...

I love the first mani with the design you did on it! I'm mixed on mattes, but you dressed it up beautifully! And love the pink crackle over it! Great manis!

bittersweetfondness said...

love the purple and pink contrast.

Michelle said...

I haven't tried any matte polishes yet. I really love both of these manis, especially the first one. :)

SilhouetteScreams said...

I love both looks, but I love matte polish so I'm guaranteed to love the first one :D one day you will wake up and love matte polish! *shakes fist*

theartofnails said...

love it! It's so pretty :D