Thursday, July 28, 2011

They Can't All Be Winners

Good day, Kitschies!  We've almost made it through another week.  And I'm not *really* complaining because it could be worse, but holy hell I'm over this heat!  And, for some reason, the summer monsoons are skipping right over my house, so we don't even get the afternoon break like we usually do.  THIS SUCKS and I'm OVER it!  Sad thing is...we have at least another 6-8 weeks of heat.  Ugh!

Enough complaining.  Let's get to something better, shall we?

Although, not *much* better.  I did this water marble a while back and it didn't turned out how I'd hoped.  I started off wanting to do a green and blue marble but the colors I had were too close and just didn't show up well together.  So, instead of closing up shop, I decided to go with blue and purple.  I should've just closed up shop because I'm not rally happy with how it turned out.

I started off with Zoya Diem as underwear then I marbled Orly Royal Navy and ChG Coconut Kisses.  I don't know if it's because I didn't use the purple as the base color or what, but I just wasn't happy with this one.  And no matter what I did to this pic, my skin has this weird zombie-ish blue hue to it.  Nice, right?

I must not've been feeling this one at all because even my clean up wasn't very good.  I love marbling, but sometimes you should just walk away when it's not working well.  This is one of those times.

I even had bubbling and that usually never happens!  Sheesh!  I can't believe I actually left this one on more than a day or two.

AND...I even had a bald spot!  Man...this was NOT my best work.  *sigh*  They can't all be winners, right?

OK.  I feel better now that I got that out of my "pending blog stuffs" folder.  See...even a practiced nail arter (farter?) makes their share of fails from time to time.

7 comments:

Copyboy said...

Looks so groovy! And slightly hawaiian shirtish.

Unknown said...

Too bad )=
Here in South France there's a lot of wind and even rain!
And you marble is beautiful to me!!
I love the colors!

Aly said...

Your "fail" marble is much better than my "best" one! Here in North Italy the weather is almost spring-y, I want sun and hot temperatures back!!

Unknown said...

this doesnt look bad! i like the colors - almost looks tie dyed!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The bald spot looks sort of cool. I like the colors - too bad it didn't work out like you had hoped. Maybe it, too, was affected by the heat.

cathryn said...

reminds me of zubaz (those ridiculous pants from the 80's). which is both incredible and fascinating :D

SilhouetteScreams said...

Well I love it, even with the bald spot :D haha