Monday, July 11, 2011

I *heart* Green Apples!

Good Monday morning, Kitchies!  A new week is upon us...did you get your "to-do" list accomplished this weekend?  I know I didn't.  Saturday was nothing exciting.  Sunday I took Nate to the local aquatics center and he had a blast - even though he had to be rescued by a lifeguard.  Talk about a heart attack!  He decided to just jump in the 4' end of the pool like he'd been doing it his whole life.  I think it scared him a little, but not near as much as it scared me!  Other than that, he had a lot of fun and we'll have to take the whole family sometime.  I just wish it didn't cost us about $15 for all 4 of us to go.

Anyway...a couple weeks ago, I was contacted by Miss Chris from the now defunct Lacquer Wear From Tips and Toes.  As you may know, she's stopped blogging, but she still has the frankening bug...lucky for me!  She gave me a couple options of what color I'd like to try out and I jumped at the chance to try out one of her awesome franken creations.  I think I got more compliments on this polish than any other I've worn before.

This gorgeous Kelly green is Dragon Rhia's Green Apple Jellie Holo.  OMG this polish is all kinds of awesome!  I don't have a single green in my collection that even comes close to the color.


The base is a bright Kelly green with a really pretty subtle green sparkle.  Then she went and threw in some gorgeous bling of holo glitter.  I was afraid this was going to be a monster to work with, but it wasn't at all.  And it wore like iron!  No chips.  No tip wear.  I wore this for 4 full days with very minimal wear.  All 3 of the above pics were taken indoors with flash.

This is what Green Apple looks like in the shade.  It still has the awesome green color but instead of being a holo sparkle, it looks like it's a mix of green and silver sparkle.  So, so pretty.

And here she is in the sun.  Funny story...my hubs saw me prepping these pics and he said: "Where were *you* with all that grass?"  Yep.  We live in New Mexico - people don't have grass.  I went to the park for lunch one day to enjoy the coolness of the grass under the shade of some big trees.  Oh.  We also don't have big trees.  LOL

And the obligatory blurry pic to show the sparkle.  Let me tell you...these pics do not do this polish justice!  She warned me that her holos are a little tricky to capture accurately - and she was right.  I feel very lucky that Chris shared one of her awesome frankens with me.  She is the Queen of Frankens!

Here is the recipe for those of you who might be interested in duplicating this beautiful green polish.
1/3 bottle Elf nail polish: clear
1/2 tsp holo glitter

My *only* complaint...and it's not even really a complaint...this polish eats top coat.  I applied two *thick* coats of SV and it got sucked in.  LOL  Oh, and the removal was kinda PIA, but I expected that with all the glittery/holo-y awesomeness.

Thank you SOOOO much for letting me showcase this, Chris.  This is definitely in my top 10 favorite polishes!

14 comments:

Wendi_ThroatPunch said...

Holy SHIZ, that's AWESOME! Chris rocks.

Emily said...

Icie says those are Tinkerbell nails! She has the sinful color shade on her own fingers right now.

Robyn said...

OMG :O

Michelle said...

Oh my God! Stunning!!! I totally agree, Chris is the Queen of Frankening! She's super talented, and super nice! :)

Unknown said...

Totally making this color!!! It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great green!!
I love this polish!!

Meeka said...

That is a gorgeous green!!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Thanks so much for giving it a test run and posting on it, Megan. It looks awesome on you and I hope it brings you great pleasure over time. :)

And, yes, it is a complaint and no worries about it that my holos eat TC like there is no tomorrow. :( It is the disadvantage of frankening with glitter powder as it tends to be a bit "rough" in application so boo to the TC eaters! lol

Happy Day!

loodie loodie loodie said...

WOW!!!!!!!!

AmaZING! And I'm not a big green fan so ya know that means it's top notch!

Erika said...

Oooo! That is gorgeous!

Chris's frankens rock. :)

shortmama said...

Love that shade of green! Gorgeous!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Very pretty shade of green.
LOL @ Neil's question about the grass.

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Sooo pretty! I think gritty holo glitter jelly frankens are so worth the extra coats of topcoat!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Oh my effing god, I hope she comes back to blogging because this is by far my favourite franken that she's ever done. I would happily wear this on my nails everyday of my life O___O