Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th of July - Version 2.0

Happy Saturday!!  And for a lot of you, happy 3-day-weekend!!  You get a bonus Saturday post from me today.  It's getting pretty warm outside and it's stinkin' smokey, so I'm hiding out indoors today. 

I did this mani earlier this week in preparation for Independence Day.  This is my second of 3 patriotic manis for the holiday.  The first can be found HERE.  This isn't my best water marble, but I liked the distribution of colors, so it's not a total loss.

I started with a base coat of ChG White On White then marbled using ChG White On White, ChG Frostbite and Zoya Alix.  This is my left hand.  It took me a while to realize that I was using too much white, so it's more like white, red and blue on this hand.

Here's my left thumb.  This is where I started using one ring of white to two each of red and blue.  I like the balance better here.

This is my right hand.  I hate taking pics of my right hand!  Anyway, if you compare the right to the left, you can see how much white there really was on my right hand.

Here's a little better view of my right thumb.  All in all, I was happy with this marble, though I don't know if it's the white (it may be a little old) or what, but this marble didn't last very long.  I'm wearing this same white today - only 1 day in to a new mani - and it's already chipped.  I think I'm going to go back to my good 'ol standby white (SH White On).

This is my favorite finger of the set - pinkie on my right hand.  I like the balance of the colors and the symmetry of the pattern.  And I can't tell if that's a small bubble in the middle or just an artifact created by the flash, but it wasn't as obvious IRL.

Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit today!  I'll be back on Monday with my 3rd patriotic mani and some time early this coming week, I'll be announcing a giveaway.  Happy 4th of July!

6 comments:

Whitney @ ElementalStyles said...

I really like this! Good job!

Nailderella said...

This turned out really well! I love it!

Tempera said...

I like this and I admire how your design is consistent I can never get that right when I do marbles. Happy 4th of July! Had a brain fart when I went to look up how to spell consistent and I apologize if I posted twice can't remember.

SilhouetteScreams said...

Ugh even better than your last one <3

Nailderella said...

Thank you for your reply! Yes, water marbles look great. I wanna try one now! ;D I've done it only once...a lot time ago!

Yes, I do have a blog.
It's http://nailderellanails.blogspot.com/

Strange, it wasn't on my blogger profile. I've got to check that out...
anyway, thanks!

KarenD said...

This looks great! Thanks for the details on how you adjusted the rings as you went along.