Friday, July 29, 2011

A Rant and a Red

TGIF!!!  We made it!  We're at the end of the work week!  I'm excited, can you tell?  It's been another long week and no week would be complete without at least one call from daycare.  I was graced with two calls from daycare this week, both about Mason.  The first was Tuesday when Armageddon was attempting to start at the clinic.  They were calling to tell me that Mason bumped his head on a table while rocking out in the music room.  They said it wasn't bad and I asked if he was bleeding.  Nope.  No bleeding.  I told them it was probably because he's got a gigantic head (which he kinda does) and it wasn't a big deal.  The second was Thursday afternoon because Mason had had 3 BMs (What?  He has a daily limit?!) and a "fever of 101* and we had to pick him up ASAP.  Luckily it was the end of the day and it wasn't too busy so it wasn't that big of an issue to leave work.  But...I get there and he's running around the room - obviously not sick.  I asked how the BMs were and she (the worker) said they were fine but it was "concerning because he'd had 3 over the course of the day".  Really?  You're concerned because a toddler has 3 poops in a day.  Really?  As for the fever...he wasn't even warm!  He was actually a little on the cool side, and not like clammy cool, either.  So, I loaded him and Nate in the car and we headed home.  Nate's been pretty good on the drives to and from home lately.  Mason?  Well, he's in that toddler everything-is-mine phase and it's really grating on my nerves.  For a bit of comic relief, this is what he and his little daycare buddies remind me of...



Anyway...the "fever"...yeah.  Mason didn't have a fever.  He wasn't even at 98*!  Ugh.  I know daycare is trying to be super vigilant and don't want to spread whatever sickness whatever kid has, but c'mon!  3 poops and a below-average does not a sickness make!

Enough of the rant.  And that reminds me...I really need to put together a post for Nate's 5th birthday.  My little guy is growing up so fast and time just slips by.  I will put that together some time this weekend.

I know my last couple posts have been about nails - and this one is no different.  Only, instead of it being about a polish I don't like or a water marble fail, this one is full of WIN.

I picked up ChG Ravishing, Dahling at Sally Beauty during their buy 2, get 1 promotion (in April?) and I am so glad I did.  I *is* ravishing!

Indoors flash.  Ravishing Dahling is a gorgeous brick red creme that wants to be a jelly.  It's just a touch more opaque than a true jelly but OMG this color is so hot.

What I love about this color is it changes depending on the amount of light you're in.  It doesn't change actual color, but it looks lighter with more light, darker in less light...like this.  It's vampy.  It's sexy.  It's gorgeous!

Here she is in indirect light (partial shade).  I got lots of compliments on this polish.  It's so shiny!  It looks like it could drip off my nails!  I believe I could've gotten away with two coats, but I used 3 to make sure and hide any thin spots.  I have some really bad ridging on my ring finger and if you make this picture bigger and look closely at the second pic, you can see the ridges a bit.  Oh!  And another good thing about this polish?  It didn't stain AND clean up was pretty easy.

So run, don't walk, and pick this stunner up for yourself!  It was early July when I wore this, but I can definitely see wearing this in the fall.  It's one of those colors that are good no matter what the season.  It would make a good pedi color, too!

That's it for me today!  Have a good weekend.  Stay cool and don't do anything I wish I could!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I want that!!!

Robyn said...

3 poops?! Pfff. 3 poops is lame.

Lovely mani btw, I love the jelly-y finishes!

Jessi M (Lacquered, Painted, Polished) said...

Oooh, that red is gorgeous on you! You have the most beautiful nails! I have serious nail envy over here. :)

I'm sorry about the trouble the daycare has given you but I couldn't help but laugh at the "daily limit" comment. I can just hear one of the workers saying, "I'm sorry Mason, you can't use the restroom, your daily allotment of poops and toilet paper has already been exceeded." Well, at least it was at the end of the day.

Impulsive Addict said...

Why are your nails so perfect? They are so pretty and shiny and no paint outside of the nail. You should be a hand model. You have the PERFECT hands! I'm so jealous. My nails stink. They break. They peel. And yours are perfect. =( One moment please while I throw myself a pity party.

Ok...all good now! But I do really like the color. SEXY it is!!!

Happy Friday!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Poop on daycare! I guess you should ask what their poop limit is - lol! That is the perfect color for you :)

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I hope Mason doesn't ever burp over quota. :/ I don't blame you for being perturb on that.

And that nail polish...MINE! MINE! MINE!

Have a great weekend yourself. :)

loodie loodie loodie said...

Every time I'm hauling I always want to buy this color, but I can never find swatches for it to know whether I should or not. It reminds me of a couple of deep reds I own, but it alone manages to look great in so many lights. I have now determined I need it. Yay!

GothamPolish said...

Hi Megan, glad to hear your little guy is OK even though it was a semi-false alarm! Your nails are looking super fine and this shade is super flattering :)

Erika said...

I am glad that your little one is okay. :)

That polish looks smashing on you. I own Ravishing Dahling and I love, love, love it. :D

Myya said...

If it makes you feel better if I was watching Mason I wouldn't have called you. Geesh, overreaction FOR SURE!

GORGEOUS red... LOVE that! I need it for my toes :)

cathryn said...

ooh i HATE being the person to have to bug parents at work (daycare assistant for 6 years) but they probably have an oversensitive thermometer.

3 bms in one day? no biggie unless they were loose!

Nail Nerd said...

Second all the wanting, that's a gorgeous color! Hope the mine birds lighten up on you and there's some mellow hiding around the corner...

SilhouetteScreams said...

I was sitting here trying to think what 'BMs' stood for and then I got the poo part, haha. It's not like he had 3 bouts of explosive diarrhea!

Anyway, that red is bloody HOT. It reminds me of True Blood.

sara said...

Husband and I do the Finding Nemo mine bit all the time. love it!

That color is fantastic...perfect fall shade. I'm on the hunt now! I swear you are slowly going to turn me into a polish addict!!