Monday, July 25, 2011

I Was Pushin' It

Happy Monday, Kitschies!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  Our weekend was HOT without a drop of rain.  I was hopeful it would rain because I saw some really big banks of thunderheads building to the east and north but we got nuthin!  Most of Albuquerque got rain, and quite a bit of it at that, but Rio Rancho was left out.  It's looking promising for rain again this afternoon but RR will probably get skipped over.  Again.

I have an absolutely delish and easy recipe to share with you today.  I made this the first time a while back and I wasn't sure if the hubs would go for it because there's some stuff in it he refuses to eat.  Well, refused to eat.  So, when I made it, I told him he had to come to the dinner table with an open mind.  In other words: I was pushing it.  LOL  Both he and the boys ate this without fuss - especially when I made it a couple weeks ago.

No-Time Pesto Pasta
1/2 (16-oz.) pkg. penne rigate pasta (3 cups), uncooked
1/2 cup pesto
1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
 
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Drain; return to pan.  
Add pesto and peppers; cook and stir on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until heated through.
Stir in cheese.
 
NOTES:  My hubs is all about the protein, so I added a couple of cooked breasts of chicken, cut up in thin pieces.  I mixed in the cooked chicken with the pesto and peppers.
 
I've never cooked with any of these ingredients (other than the pasta, of course) so I was a little afraid of how it would come together.  But...I like all the ingredients, so I decided to give it a try.

OMGOSH YUM!!  I'm on a whole-foods type diet right now and this looks really, really good.  LOL  Even if I wasn't on this stoopid diet, it would look good! 
 
I found this (and several other) recipes on Kraft Recipes.  I like this site because you can type in individual ingredients of what you have on hand and it'll bring up recipes with those ingredients for you to browse through.  I've tried a number of recipes from Kraft Recipes and I haven't had a stinker yet!
 
So...are there any recipes you were afraid to try but once you did you loved it?  Or a recipe you were sure a family member wouldn't like but they did?  Share them with me!  I'm *always* looking for new recipes to try!!  As always, you can email me at megharmeyer@gmail.com.

Hope you're making it through your Monday relatively unscathed.  It's back to work I go...I have a pile of things needing to be sent out that are staring at me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I love easy dishes, and Kraft is great for that. Your husband sounds like mine -- any meal without meat, his review is, "You know what would make this GREAT? {insert some type of meat here}..." :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Does it have to be Feta cheese? Couldn't I sub in a different one? I would like it without the meat but I would probably have to add it in for your Dad.
Another blogger that lives on the east side Albuquerque saw two rainbows over the Sandia's this weekend.

loodie loodie loodie said...

Oooo now I know what to eat for dinner tonight. I keep forgetting I have pesto sauce in my fridge. I hope it's still good. I mean it's oil right ... let's hope it hasn't gone rancid *fingers crossed*

SilhouetteScreams said...

*drools* Now I'm craving pasta hardcore.